chapter twenty-five

strong mind
with
failing heart

Just for you Mistyped_ "he's okay." <3

your p.o.v

          With a bouquet of pastel pink roses, I made my way down the street alone, the morning sun bright and warm despite the weather only growing colder with each passing day. Thankfully Reiji's jacket is one of those long fluffy one's idols are often seen wearing, saving me from the blunt force of the wind that blows down this alleyway.

          Earlier this morning, I had stopped by the teacher's lounge to talk with Ryuuya about possibly going to the hospital to visit Syo. He fainted just yesterday at the music festival and still hasn't been released from the hospital yet so I thought it would do him some good to see a friendly face considering everyone else is swamped with everything school related right now. Being friends with my teacher means I can easily avoid school without much trouble, all I had to do was ask and promise to bring Syo the new assignment we were to be given today in class and I was excused from today's lectures without question. I'll have to thank Ryuuya later for always making exceptions for me considering this isn't the first time he's done this.

          Traditionally, composers at Saotome are supposed to play in front of the class on the piano in the classroom at some point during their time here. It's only natural. The composers shouldn't be intimidated or nervous when it comes to letting their classmates listen to their songs considering we're all aiming to become professionals here. But with me, since I compose digitally, Ryuuya went ahead and managed to help me work around this little hurdle so that I wouldn't have to play in front of the class at all. He's also helped me out with things outside of class, the most important being when he gave me a ride back to the dorms after I had accidentally stayed out a little too late at mom's bento shop. Ryuuya is truly a great guy and deserves far more credit than he's given.

          Glancing around some, I exited the alleyway and walked out onto a main street bustling with life. I held the bouquet closer to my chest as I made my way down yet another street. The hospital should be around here somewhere, it's the same one Reiji was brought to when he fainted.

          My eyes drifted up to the light grey clouds rolling by up above, snow supposed to be falling later tonight actually. I can't help but wonder if Reiji is really doing alright. He looked just fine when we met with the other members of Quartet Night, not even batting an eyelash at AI practically being Aine's twin. Camus and Ranmaru weren't acting strangely either. It was all normal besides the fact they're all kind of mean towards one another, Reiji putting forth his best effort to get them all to become close but utterly failing.

          It must be weird being in a group with AI. I couldn't imagine what that would be like if Otoya had disappeared and suddenly there was a lookalike of him just casually working beside me like that- I'd go insane. Mom said that I shouldn't bring Aine up to Reiji, but, I can't help but think that maybe I should and see if he's really alright. Just like Ren, it might help if I can at least offer support even if he doesn't confide in me any.

          The automatic doors of the hospital opened and immediately I was hit with that strong, disinfectant smell that usually occupies places like this. Shaking my head slightly, I walked up to the receptionist, this being the same guy as before actually.

          I offered him a small smile. "I'm here for Kurusu Syo."

          The kind looking man typed in the name on his computer. "Are you a friend or family member, Miss Kotobuki?" He asked.