chapter sixty-one

ariel and eric

your p.o.v

"But I'm not an idol student so why am I going along?"

Ryuuya looked from Ren to me as the two of us stood in front of his desk, no other students in here considering it's Saturday and we don't have class today. "Shining got a call earlier this morning from the lead photographer saying that the magazine wants to have an exclusive article on you and Shining agreed to it so you get to go on this photoshoot along with this brat."

Ren's smirk widened ever so slightly. "At least this brat knows how to look good in front of the camera.~" He mused.

Shaking my head, I sighed. "Do I have to do this? I mean, I much rather stay hidden behind my computer than go talk with someone and have my pictures taken."

"You did that one interview with Tokiya and Quartet Night a while back, remember little lamb?" Ren then said with a more reassuring smile as he looked down to me. "You didn't die then and look at it this way, you have me as your modeling partner so you're not going to be alone going into this either."

"Exactly. Jinguji, I'm looking to you to give her advice since she isn't confident." Ryuuya said before shifting his gaze to me. "And as for you, you're the hottest topic of discussion right now so literally anything you give them will be amazing since no other magazines will be able to get into contact with you."

My shoulders fell a bit at that. "If I make a complete fool out of myself, I'm throwing you two along with Shining under the bus for making me do this."

Chuckling, the orangette beside me flung an arm around my shoulders and pulled me close to his side. "Lady, just as this old man said, anything you give them will go over great. And I'll make sure the camera gets only your best angles- you trust me, don't you?"

Scoffing, I nudged his arm off from around my shoulders and began walking out of the classroom with my laptop held in front of my stomach. "If I'm being forced to go through with this, then we might as well be on time." I mumbled dejectedly.

"The photographer won't put out any horrible pictures of you so don't stress so much. You're a beautiful young woman ___, use that to your advantage." Ryuuya called after me as I walked out of the classroom and into the hallway, Ren following closely behind.

"You know, he is right." Ren said thoughtfully, the two of us turning down yet another hallway as we make our way towards the front of Saotome Academy. "Even if you aren't an idol, you're stunning and the camera won't be able to get enough of you."

Rolling my eyes, I looked up to the orangette before shaking my head. "You're literally a model and I don't even like taking pictures of myself when I'm the one taking the pictures. You're going to have to hold my hand for me to get through this alive."

"You can count on me. I'll do anything for my little lamb."

"You better or else this is going to be a classic 'Beauty and the Beast' kind of photoshoot and I can assure you I won't be the beauty."

Ren laughed at that, a few students passing us by here and there as we near the front of the Academy. "How about we think of the two of us as Ariel and Prince Eric?"

"Why those two?" I asked.

"Because, you're just like Ariel right now." The blue eyed boy responded as if I should already understand where he's going with this. "You're usually a composer but for right now, for this little bit of time, you get to experience what it's like to be an idol- and what better person to experience this than with your very own prince?" Ren then asked with this dashing smile dancing across his lips.