chapter six

let's   fight!

your p.o.v

          Waking up earlier than Tomo-chan and Haruka, I made my way out to the small balcony connected to our room and crouched down as I refilled the cat bowl I had bought a couple days ago for Kuppuru. The small black cat has been keeping the three of us company since Masato and I stumbled upon him the morning we met. Kuppuru is more or less still an outside cat, though sometimes we see him jump up here somehow and claw at the glass doors so he can curl up on my bed. I don't think any of us have the heart to keep the balcony doors closed anymore, Kuppuru far too cute and sweet to possibly turn away.

          This morning, he's waiting out on the balcony for me already, bright green cat eyes shimmering as he stares up at myself while I fill his bowl. "Morning Kuppuru, sleep well?" I ask, reaching over with my free hand to pet his head.

          Kuppuru purrs some and leans into my touch. I smile as I watch the cute feline move closer to myself. "Today, I'm going to be meeting with Syo to talk about our song, cool right?"

          The black cat lazily rubbed his head up and down against my palm in response.

          Scratching one last time behind his ears, I stood back up and brushed down my skirt some. Kuppuru watched me curiously for a moment before making his way closer to his bowl to begin eating his breakfast. That reminds me, Syo said he wanted to grab something to eat before we start discussing song ideas. I should probably leave now to catch him before he wanders off or something.

          Quickly making my way back into my shared dorm room, I wrote a note to Tomo-chan and Haruka, telling them I'll be out and not to worry about me since I'll meet up with them for lunch after classes today. I then grabbed my laptop, slipped on my shoes, and was out the door in record time.

          The halls were virtually barren this early in the morning, not a soul to be seen. Once classes started a few days ago, everyone has more or less been staying up late to work on their song project so Syo and I thought it would be better to wake up earlier to work on it instead so we wouldn't have to worry about bothering other students and vice versa. Though that means we're pretty much going to be working from early morning, then having to sit through classes, and promptly pass out after we make it back to our dorm rooms with this type of schedule. I just hope we can pull it off.

          Turning down yet another hall, I smiled some as I saw Syo leaning against the wall, his fedora slipping down to cover his eyes as he dozes in and out of sleep. I guess waking up around six in the morning isn't exactly his cup of tea. Well, no matter, he'll get used to this schedule in a few days time just as I will.

          "Good morning Syo." I said once I was close enough to the blonde haired boy. "Sleep well?"

          He jumped some, startled by my voice before he laughed and readjusted his fedora. "Could have used more, but I'm good. You sleep alright?"

          I nodded. "After listening to Haruka and Tomo-chan talk about their song idea for a few hours, I finally passed out so I'm a little tired but more than ready to crank out a song."

          "Sweet, I stayed up training so now I'm paying the price," Syo said as he started walking down the hallway, our steps lining up easily, "probably should have given it a rest at some point, but, you know, can't skip out on training." He chuckled.

          "You train? How cool! Is it for anything specific?" I asked, the two of us already walking through the center courtyard towards the lunch room where breakfast is being served.