chapter twenty-six

departure

your p.o.v

I readjusted the straps on my backpack some as I walked down the large expanse of the airport with a number of other students surrounding me, the clicks of our suitcases ringing out into the lively chatter of the other people waiting around for their flights. Today's the day we're to be leaving for our one-month pseudo vacation Shining is giving all of us students. It's kind of weird thinking that for the next month, I'll be stuck somewhere that isn't Japan with all of my closest friends along with Reiji being nowhere in sight. Now that will be a change.

Ever since I was adopted, Reiji made it his life's purpose to always be somewhat close or at the very least no more than a phone calls length away. I guess that hasn't really changed considering I'm just leaving the country for a month, not for the rest of my life. But, I'm sure he's going to find some sort of reason to call me every night the second he figures out I'm no longer staying at Saotome where he has the easiest ability to just show up on campus and take me out whenever he feels like it really- and yes, he has done that a handful of times and needless to say Ryuuya wasn't all that thrilled to have that loud brunette bursting into the classroom with the same amount of grace that an elephant possesses...

Rei-chan will learn one day how to be discreet... I hope.

Glancing around some, I managed to spot Haruka and Tomo-chan walking side by side a little way's in front of me. With my suitcase clicking some against the tiles, I hurried and did my best to maneuver my way through the large sea of students in order to reach my friends.

"___! I thought we lost you." The sweet pink haired girl said as her and her best friend looked to me with bright smiles.

"Yeah ___," Tomo-chan tacked on as she shot me a playful wink, "I was beginning to think that Otoya finally stole you all for himself."

I couldn't help but to scoff at that, the three of us now walking together wherever our teachers happen to be taking us. "Oh please, you know he wouldn't do that."

"Have you seen how clingy he's been with you lately?"

"The usual."

Haruka giggled some at that. "Otoya has been talking a lot about you in class." She said thoughtfully. "He always says the sweetest things about you, almost like he has a crush."

Laughing, I shook my head. "You know love is forbidden so what does it matter if he did have a little crush on me?"

"Wouldn't that make things weird between you two if he did?" Tomo-chan asked curiously. "I mean, you guys have always been close like siblings so wouldn't him like-liking you make that weird?"

I shrugged as we turned down a different area of the airport now, the loud chatter of the other students drowning out our conversation from prying ears. "I wouldn't care if he liked me. I mean, he's still Otoya and as long as he wasn't pushing his feelings onto me, I don't see a problem with it."

"You're such a good person ___, anyone would fall for you in a heartbeat." The pink haired girl said before looking between our burgundy haired friend and myself. "Ah, but not me! I wouldn't fall for you!"

Tomo-chan laughed loudly as she threw an arm around Haruka's shoulders and brought the smaller girl closer to her side. "Of course you wouldn't fall for anyone when I'm right here.~"

Shaking my head, I looked away from my roommates. "Get a room you two. I don't want to be subjected to watching you two act so domestic all the time if I don't have to." I teased.