chapter forty-seven

' not a kid

your p.o.v

Sitting down on the floor near the large window that overlooks much of the city, I vaguely tuned in and out of the conversation taking place in the living room while I charged my laptop and typed away on a freshly made note doc.

"What the hell do you mean those punk ass twerps are now our competition?" Ranmaru very nearly growled before taking a bite of his banana, his eyebrows twitching some as he looks from AI to Reiji.

Camus scoffed. "Are you too stupid to understand the situation at hand, Kurosaki?"

"You're lucky our brat is sitting over there right now or I'd kick your royal ass right here and now you pompous earl."

"An animals bark is always more terrifying than it's bite."

"Now now guys, let's calm down!" Reiji said with a laugh, trying to keep his band from falling apart.

AI typed some things on his laptop, the four of them all sitting around the small coffee table in the center of Reiji's apartment's living room. "It appears that in this current moment, HE★VENS has just about if not slightly more popularity than us." He said monotonously. "If we do not wish to lose our time in the spotlight, it would be best for Quartet Night to act quickly."

He's right, Quartet Night needs to do something to not get overshadowed by HE★VENS though that's a lot easier said than done when you look at the current situation.

Quartet Night debuted a little over a week ago now and not even two days later, HE★VENS had their debut. Almost immediately the two bands have been named rivals of one another and it looks like HE★VENS has the upper hand when it comes to the younger fans considering they do have the cute strawberry blonde idol on their side. Seriously, Nagi is a force to be reckoned with if any of his fangirls at Saotome are signs of his increasing popularity among the general population.

But okay, something has to be done on Quartet Night's side of things to keep them in the lime light for a little longer. I'm currently composing five songs for school and need to have these done before the end of next week so that my four friends can write their lyrics, have me make changes to their songs, and record them all in order to get the highest grades. Composing anything for Quartet Night on top of this amount of work is nearly impossible...

But I can't think of anything else to do.

Quartet Night has more or less made the rounds on music shows, interviews, radio broadcasts, the whole nine-yards essentially so they've depleted those resources and that route is no longer an option. Thanks to Shining Saotome's advertisement department, Quartet Night has had their photos plastered all across Tokyo and even across into other large cities like Nagoya and Kyoto meaning we can't do anything more on that front either. Sales were through the roof for their debut song but even those have slowed what with HE★VENS now taking over social media. Unless new songs are created for Quartet Night to sing, it looks like HE★VENS might win this initial battle of the debut songs and I cannot allow that to happen.

I told Quartet Night that all I want to do is to help them succeed in reaching their goals and allowing HE★VENS to surpass them at such a crucial point as this, well, I think we all know that anything but good things would come out of this if I didn't keep Quartet Night as the number one trending band right now. Though there's little that I can do as both a student and as their composer. I'm just some girl who composes songs, cool. Guess I'll have to use my only talent to keep my boys growing their fandom and compose some more songs for them as quickly as possible.