chapter twenty-nine

boiling
point

your p.o.v

"You're at a beach resort on a beautiful island and yet you choose to spend even your free time composing instead of actually living a little?" Ryuuya asked blandly, pulling the wooden chair across from my own out and taking a seat at this small beach table, many more just like this one set up further up on the beach while many of the other students sit out on towels under large umbrellas near the edge of the ocean. "I know you take your compositions seriously, but going through the effort to put on a bathing suit and then not go into the water seems a little pointless."

          I cracked a small smile at this orange haired actor's typical cruel words. "Otoya forced me out of my hotel room to come watch over the idols photo shoot and Haruka thought it would be cute for us to wear our swimsuits as well. You know how these idols students are, just so needy." I teased.

          The idol sitting across from me scoffed. "Speaking of needy idols, Jinguji is skipping again."

          Glancing up from my laptop and over to the ocean, I wasn't all that surprised to find he's right, that orangette is once again missing from class. Despite me telling him he needs to take this seriously and to stop being so selfish, he clearly didn't listen to a word I said and instead chose to go off on his own and do lord knows what. Well, knowing Ren, he's probably listening to whatever he has on that MP3 player again. That seems to be the thing he does most when skipping class in order to be alone. I wonder just what he's always listening to when no one else is around..?

          Right as I was fixing to return my attention to my laptop from looking over at the idol's swimming about in the water, my eyes widened as Natsuki grabbed both Syo and Otoya and promptly jumped backwards into the water, the two smaller boys being taken underthe water's surface in one swell swoop and a large splash. Tokiya and Masato just stared at the water as those two struggled to make Natsuki release them before they drowned. That tall blonde doesn't understand just how big he is compared to everyone else- he's like an overgrown puppy who doesn't know his own strength! At least Tomo-chan is off with Haruka and Ringo who are helping to fix her up for her photo shoot and in turn being spared from whatever the boys are doing. Honestly, what am I supposed to do with a group of idols who are such polar opposites to one another?

          Also, who thought it would be a good idea to have an entire photo shoot dedicated to the idol students, in the ocean, in their bathing suits? Gathering a ton of attractive people in one area with over half of them being shirtless is just rude and quite inconsiderate if I had to say so myself. I mean, did I really need to know that Tokiya is just as fit as Otoya if not more so, his abs slightly more defined and him looking incredibly cute with wet hair? No, the answer is no, I did not need to know this and now I don't know what to do with this newfound information.

          Shaking my head, I looked to Ryuuya as I placed my chin down onto the palm of my hand. "How close are you to expelling Ren?" I asked since there's no sense in trying to work my way around asking this question.

          The actor didn't need to think as he immediately answered with "if he doesn't show up to this photo shoot at some point today, then I'm going to fail his portion of the duet project and expel him."

          Blinking once, then twice, then a third time I stared incredulously at the idol sitting across from me. "You're going to expel him over this?" I asked as I nodded over in direction of the five idols I've more or less been forced into a friend group with. "It's just one photo shoot Ryuuya, don't act so hastily. Can't you give him another chance? I haven't even had a second to truly work with him on this project so why are you going to go expelling him before you've given me the opportunity to keep him here?"