chapter fifty-seven

secret  revealed

your p.o.v

          Sitting in my usual practice room, secluded from the more popular areas of Saotome Academy, I continued adding the final details to what I hope is the last two duet pieces I'll be having to write until I graduate. Tomorrow is when classes start back up meaning we have about two weeks for these six songs to all be recorded and submitted for grading which should be more than enough time for Syo, Otoya, Natsuki, and Tokiya to write their lyrics. The hard part is behind me now and I couldn't be happier.

          Well, that's not exactly true.

          Lifting my hands up above my head, I stretched a bit before going back to composing. My friends are all going to be coming up here soon to hear my first full song I've created to hopefully become their debut song and there's no telling how they'll like it. Each of them had such varying idea's of what their debut song should sound like- almost more so than Quartet Night which is saying something.

          At least with the Quartet, after talking it out a little and a couple of arguments later, they could see what route they needed to go down in order to be the most successful with the cards they were dealt. But with my friends, they don't have that luxury of knowing how to sell their best attributes as well as somehow mesh those into a single song. That's going to be the hardest part about this band; somehow finding a way to have six dazzling personalities shine through group songs that will very rarely ever exceed five minutes long if they even go over four...

          Thankfully these duet projects are very nearly over. With this out of the way, we're one step closer to the graduation auditions. All we have left is the trio projects and then it's off to the races. But something tells me Shining is going to throw a curve ball last second with these auditions so I shouldn't let my guard down quite yet.

          The second one let's their guard down is the second life hits them harder than a freight train out of left field.

          Another hour passed by of me fine tuning these three songs before a notification popped up on my phone. I almost forgot that I set a little reminder for when Quartet Night would be doing a mini live concert for their fans.

          Since the four of them each have solo's, we all thought it would be a good idea to hold a mini concert of sorts to let a handful of their new fans hear them live for the first time singing by themselves instead of promoting their debut song. It'll also have some downtime for the boys to talk to their fans from the stage, maybe play a few games here and there with the audience, and it'll end with a fan signing to further solidify their fan base and give back to the fans who are already supporting them.

          I hope it goes well. Since classes start tomorrow, I need to get these songs to my friends as soon as possible and couldn't go to watch their performances. I gave them a call earlier just so they'd know I hadn't forgotten about them, but, I feel bad not being able to be there for them nonetheless. I guess this is going to be something I'll have to get used to eventually. There's no way I'll be able to go to everything my idols do- I'm just one person after all and there's ten of them.

          With a click, the door to the practice room opened and in came two of my six friends, Otoya and Syo wearing some tank tops and running shorts with their hair pulled back and out of their faces with a few strategically placed hair ties. Both of their faces are a little flushed and they look more tired than anything. "You boys been working out?" I asked, making sure each of these three songs have been saved correctly and are edited to the best of my abilities.