chapter fifty

close call

your p.o.v

          "So, why are you using this laptop exactly?"

          I glanced to Otoya as we sat beside one another in one of Saotome Academy's countless lounges. "Long story but in short, I'm using this one for the time being." I responded without ever once taking my eyes off of the screen. "Anyways, Toki's song is titled "BELIEVEMY VOICE" and I was thinking that it would be cool if your song could match by having a star in it too."

          The red headed boy shifted a little closer to me so that he could easily lay his head down on my shoulder despite our height difference. "We rarely get to see each other nowadays and all you ever want to talk about is songs. Can't we just talk for a minute like we used to?" Otoya asked.

          Sighing, I tore my eyes away from my laptop and looked down at this overgrown puppy. "Otoya, let's just brainstorm a bit about your song and I promise we can hang out sometime soon once I get through the bulk of these compositions."

          "You always say that." He pouted, looking up to me with bright red eyes and all to try and get me to cave in. "It wouldn't kill us to spend a little time together without worrying about all of this idol and composer stuff." He then said with an exaggerated hand movement that very nearly knocked my new laptop right off my lap.

          "Otoya," I paused as I tried to gather my thoughts, "I stayed up all night composing and editing the last of Quartet Night's solo songs along with touching up Toki's song. I'm tired and just want to sleep but I have to meet with those four in a little bit and then talk with Syo about his song. I promise I'll put aside some us time in a few days, but we really need to focus on this right now-"

          My red headed best friend cut me off with ease as he sat up and quickly pressed his lips against my own. With my eyes widening, I quickly pushed hard against Otoya's chest, the playful grin dancing across his lips far more dangerous than normal considering it's just the two of us alone in this lounge room together but at any moment someone could easily barge right in on us.

          "You have to stop doing that." I said with an added shake of my head, trying desperately to rid my mind of all thoughts that have to do with kissing Otoya again. "If we get caught, you're going to be in far more trouble than me."

          "We're not going to get caught." Otoya said with a small laugh as he placed a chaste kiss to my cheek.

          I narrowed my eyes some at him. "For one, Ringo knows about our first kiss and it's because you were talking to someone else about it so that makes a second person also knowing."

          It took a few seconds for Otoya to really process my words, his eyes slowly widening as his mouth opens slightly. "Wait- Ringo knows?"

          Nodding, I quickly diverted my gaze back down to my laptop, my heart racing a mile a minute now. "He told me himself and all of our friends are suspicious of us Otoya. You can't keep kissing me like that or else you might get kicked out of Saotome and neither of us can let that happen."

          "This isn't fair. Nanami and Tomo-chan get to be together, why can't we?"

          "You don't even know if I like you."

          "You haven't told me that you don't like me yet." Otoya said with a cheesy grin. "C'mon, we've been friends for over a decade now, I know you better than anyone ___."