chapter four

breakfast, lunch, and cat?

your p.o.v

Saotome Academy was quiet when I woke up somewhere around six in the morning the following day, stretching my arms high up above my head and letting out a small, content sigh as I sat up. Slipping the covers off my body, I hopped out of bed and changed into my uniform. Classes start tomorrow, but we're still told to wear our uniforms on campus for these first few weeks just until we're all used to the new environment, then we're free to wear whatever we want on our downtime.

That will be interesting. A bunch of music kids allowed to express themselves however they want? Can't wait to see what hell that unleashes among this general population of students. Bet someones going to wear cat ears and a cat tail around but who knows, maybe I'll be pleasantly surprised and someone will do something even crazier?

Grabbing some cash out of my bag, I went ahead and made my way out of my dorm room, sparing my sleeping roommates, Tomo-chan and Haruka, fleeting glances before closing the door behind myself with a soft click.

Just as I assumed, the hallways were barren, not another soul in sight. I moved a little closer to the windows lining the hallway only to see a few students sitting out or playing around in the center courtyard. Everyone enjoying this last day of freedom to make friends without the worry and added stress of assignments before classes start tomorrow.

Too caught up in my thoughts, I accidentally ran into someone just as I turned the corner, bumping into someones broad chest and then stumbling back. I quite ungracefully fell backwards onto my butt and thankfully my skirt didn't go flying up or this could have been a very embarrassing moment to look back upon...

"I'm sorry, I wasn't watching where I was walking. Are you alright?" A young man with blue hair asked as he bent down some, offering his hand out for myself to take. He has a charming little birthmark placed just under his right eye and his eyelashes are so long, I could easily get lost in those beautiful deep blue eyes of his if I allowed myself too. Truly handsome and I'd be surprised if he isn't in the idol course.

Placing my hand gently in his, the handsome boy pulled me up with ease and I couldn't help but smile as I dusted off the front of my skirt and patted the back of it down. "I'm fine, neither of us were watching where we were going." I giggled some. "Anyways, I'm Kotobuki ___, a pleasure to meet you." I said with a bright smile.

The boy blinked a few times. "Hijirikawa Masato, nice to meet you as well."

Just before he could start walking back off down the hallway, I quickly spoke up once more. "Um, are you hungry? It's early and I'm sure we can buy something for breakfast around here somewhere if you'd like? Company isn't too bad." I offered.

The blue haired boy glanced to me from over his shoulder, truly thought about my offer for a moment, and then slowly nodded. "Alright. There's a convenience store a little ways away that sells melon bread. I was just about to head there if that's alright with you?"

"Of course, sounds wonderful." I said, our steps falling in line with one another easily.

Masato and I walked side by side in silence for a bit before he cleared his throat, a few more students now up and about and walking through the hallways as the time nears six-thirty. Many of the students openly stared at the two of us as we walked by, hushed whispers that neither of us can quite make out beginning to reach our ears. "You said your name is Kotobuki ___, are you related to Kotobuki Reiji then?"