chapter thirty-five

kids can't compete
with adults

your p.o.v

          With soft knocks against the hospital room door, a certain brunette slipped inside with a gentle smile gracing his features. "Good morning my special girl, miss me?"

          I sat up in my bed, muffling a yawn with the back of my hand as my idol placed down a small backpack onto the blanket beside me. "What are you doing here so early, Rei-chan?"

          "Did you already forget that I said I'd be bringing you back to the resort once you were cleared to be released?"

          "It's early and I just woke up so do you really expect me to remember what we discussed yesterday?"

          Reiji shook his head as he walked over and ruffled my hair some. "You're a cutie. Now c'mon, get dressed and I already signed your release papers so you're free to leave once you're good to go." He said, nodding his head in the direction of the backpack before taking a seat on one of the two chairs placed just in front of the large window, the same one Ryuuya had sat in actually.

          I looked from him to the backpack, opening it and seeing what exactly he brought me for clothes considering he doesn't have access to my hotel room back at the resort. "You're allowed to sign my release papers?"

          "We're technically family." He responded with ease as I pulled out a pair of pale forest green skater shoes, a pair of denim shorts, some black socks, and a surprisingly large plain black T-shirt all from the small backpack. "And I'm an adult who's listed as your emergency contact when mom isn't available so in the eyes of the law, I can act as your guardian when mom isn't around. But don't go thinking of me as your brother or anything or else I'll never get to flirt with you." He then laughed happily, making it very difficult to tell if he was truly joking around or not.

          Eyeing the brunette for a moment, I went ahead and held up the shirt. "Cute outfit you picked out for me, but why is this shirt so big?"

          "I couldn't decide on a shirt to buy you yesterday after I left so I thought I'd just give you one of my shirts to wear." Reiji responded with ease.

          "No wonder it smells like your cologne."

          "You know what my cologne smells like?"

          "I stole one of your jackets to wear and it always smells like your cologne." I said lamely as I gathered up all the clothes into my arms and slipped out of my hospital bed. "If I didn't know any better, I'd think you just go into your closet and spray all of your clothes every couple of days." I then scoffed, slipping into the bathroom and closing the door behind me so I could change in peace.

          Hurrying to get ready, I didn't want to keep Reiji waiting as I changed into the outfit he bought me to wear. He probably asked mom for my shoe and shorts sizes since everything fits perfectly- aside from his shirt that is. I'm pretty sure this plain black shirt is already a little large on Reiji when he wears it, making it obviously large on myself. Though I can't exactly deny that wearing his clothes doesn't make me a little happy. It's comforting in a way, almost like a constant hug since I'm always surrounded by the pine-scented cologne he loves so much while I'm wearing his jacket and I guess now also this shirt.

          "So, you like wearing my clothes yet?" Reiji asked as he now sat on the edge of the hospital bed with a smirk dancing across his lips. "Because I'm beginning to really like seeing you in them."