••21••

{a/n : please read the important author's note at the end for an announcement.}

Your POV
  you jumped slightly, feeling jungkook's warm hand envelope yours.

not in a thousand years would you think that something like this would happen between the two of you, especially considering how he acted towards you in the past.

regardless of your initial shock, you held his hand without thinking too much about it.

the two of you didn't really talk much throughout the walk, instead enjoying the sound of crickets and the stunning moonlight.

you felt something start to spark between you and jungkook, but then again it was probably just you feeling it; you were naive like that.

you walked up the path that led to the streets and then back down the path towards the house once you reached its end.

on the way back the two of you agreed to go to the zoo for tomorrow's shoot, it seemed like a good starting point plus you were a child at heart.

you checked the time on your phone, seeing it was just about midnight when you reached the house.

"we should head to bed, it's pretty late already.", you spoke, removing your shoes as you walked into the house.

you gathered your blanket and pillows, remaking you little bed that you've been using for the past few weeks but jungkook stopped you.

"you can take the bedroom, i'll sleep down here. the bed hurts my back and i think i'll be more comfortable down here.", you could tell he was lying but you appreciated his kind gesture and nodded, falling for him even more.

"thanks. sleep well, i'll see you in the morning.", you walked over to him and mustered up the courage to kiss his cheek quickly, before basically sprinting up the stairs and into the bedroom.

your cheeks were a deep red color and you couldn't fight a smile from forming on your face.

you slammed the door shut and leaned your back against it, squealing quietly like the fangirl that you were.

you honestly couldn't wait until tomorrow, and the next day, and the day after that.

you wanted this to last forever.

•••••

Narrator's POV
  however, the show didn't really work like that.

the show went on and both you and jungkook grew closer with each episode that aired.

you fell even deeper in love with him while his feelings for you were merely scratching the surface, and he was only just beginning to accept that he had fallen for your charms.

your time on the show had come to an end, but thankfully you both kept in touch.

meanwhile, while you were having the time of your life, your whole group went public with the relationships that they were in with the other bts boys.

they all had their fare share of haters, but for the most part people were happy for the girls and the guys.

fans from everywhere were now just waiting on you to become official, but that didn't look like it was happening any time soon.

you were still stuck in the best friend zone and felt like things were going no where romantically.

sure, he would sometimes openly flirt with you but it was all just playful talk. 

you weren't sure if things were going to jump to the next level until one day..

Jungkook's POV
  today is the day. today i'm going to tell her how i really feel.

it's been months and i finally know that i want her to be in my life, not just as one of my best friends but as something so much more.

i've been talking to my hyungs about this day for so long, and i finally know what and how to tell her.

i texted her last night, inviting her to meet me at the park where we had our first we got married date.

i just hope she shows up.

i had jin hyung prepare a similar picnic to what we had, and i'm even wearing the same outfit that i wore that day.

things will be nothing but perfect.

"good luck! go get the girl jk!", jin hyung gave me a thumbs up and handed me the basket before i left.

"thanks, god knows i'm going to need it.", i chuckled as i left the dorm and got into my manager's car.

my foot tapped impatiently as i rode in the passenger's seat. i arrived early on purpose and set everything up just as it was that day.

i sat on the blanket and looked at my phone, waiting on (y/n) feeling completely jittery and nervous.

i felt like i had been waiting for so long and after countless texts, i received no response from her.

i can't believe it. i was being stood up.

i sighed and began putting the food back into the basket angrily, both fury and sadness boiling in me.

i can't believe her, and to think i was about to confess to her.

i was about to stand up and leave, but i heard someone call my name.

as i turned around, a familiar face came into my view and honestly didn't know how to feel.

"e-eunji?"

•••••

{a/n : thank you for sticking with this book and actually reading despite my inactivity! i just had to take a break from writing for a while. with that i would like to say that i'll be ending this book on its 30th chapter, the 31st will be the epilogue. i have so many more books planned so i hope you enjoy this book and look forward to my future projects! thank you again loves!}