••22••

Jungkook's POV
  "e-eunji?", i stuttered, blinking my eyes rapidly because it felt so much like a dream. was she really here? am i just hallucinating?

i made my way over to her with my sadly full picnic basket in my hand and a fake smile on my lips.

"it really is you, wow. well how have you been? i haven't seen you in so long.", i was hesitant to hug her but did anyways, and to be honest it felt nice to have her in my arms again. it was like she had been a missing puzzle piece in my life for so long and now i've finally found her.

"great! after we went our separate ways my parents and i moved to the u.s. for a few years. i decided it would be good to come back here for college. there's no place like home, right?" she smiled at me and i felt my cold facade melt down instantly.

"right. well i'm glad you're back! it feels good to see a friendly face around here.", i spoke, trying my best not to stutter in front of her.

"of course! how could i ever forget my first love?", she placed her hand on my bicep and i felt a blush creeping onto my cheeks.

"anyways, what are you doing here? a date perhaps?", she asked, looking down at the basket in my hand and wiggling her eyebrows.

"actually no. well, yes but no. she stood me up.", i spoke, a sad smile on my face as i rubbed the back of my neck.

"what? who would even think about standing you up?", she hugged me once again, her sweet and nostalgic perfume scent filling my nostrils.

"it's alright, just a girl i've been close to for a while.. it's not like i can do much about it.", i shrugged but eunji thought otherwise.

"are you talking about (y/n)?! well that's nonsense! if there is one thing i know it's that she must have had a good reason to not show up, and we're going to find it out! i watched the show, i know how in love she was with you the entire time! i love you two being together and as a good deed, i'm going to help you.", she spoke, sounding pretty determined.

i was taken back, i mean my ex helping me get a girl? that sounds completely absurd. besides, if she helps me then i might find myself falling back in love with her and that won't be good at all.

"and how exactly do you plan on helping me?", i asked with my eyebrow raised.

"i'm going to date you! it'll be fake of course, but i know from experience that nothing draws a potential girl closer than pure jealousy.", eunji smirked and i, again, was left dumbfounded.

"wouldn't that just drive (y/n) away?", i asked and she looked at me like i had just asked the stupidest question in the world.

"you have so much to learn.", she rolled her eyes and took my hand, dragging me away to an open spot in the park under a big oak tree.

"lay out the picnic stuff and follow my lead.", she spoke in a discrete and quiet voice.

i nodded and quickly put everything out, the blanket, the food, and the drinks obviously.

she shut her phone off, as if she had just sent a text, and then took a seat beside me.

i handed her half of a sandwich while i took a bite of the other half, feeling butterflies fluttering around in my stomach because we were so close.

"the paparazzi should be here any second, act totally natural and pretend they aren't there.", she spoke in a whisper, taking half of the sandwich in one hand and holding my free hand with her other.

just as she had said the paparazzi had arrived and began snapping pictures, but i kept my eyes on her. however in the back of my mind i was thinking about (y/n)... why did she stand me up? i thought she felt the same was as i did...

Your POV
  little did jungkook know.. you weren't standing him up, well at least you didn't plan on it.

you found yourself caught up in a heated debate between the CEO of starship and your manager about you and your group dating bts.

after your members went public with their relationships, the CEO doesn't think it's a good idea for you to see jungkook anymore.

"she'll seem desperate for attention because she didn't go public when the other four did. i do not want that image for her! i think it's best if she stops seeing jungkook in public.", the CEO argued, leaving your manager only to scoff.

"sir. i've taken care of these girls ever since before they debuted, i think i know what's best for their image. (y/n) and jungkook are the talk of the town, imagine if they really were together! think about the press, popularity, and new potential trainees auditioning.", your manager tried to argue back, but his point didn't quite work.

"no. that's my final answer. (y/n), if you even so much as text that boy one more time, i won't hesitate to remove you from rebelle. am i making myself clear?", the CEO asked authoritatively.

"yes. crystal clear sir.", you nodded as you bowed and left the office, tears already forming in your eyes.

you went straight to the van, slamming the door shut and laying your head in your hands.

and just when you thought things couldn't get any worse, you got a text from your members.

gigi : (y/n) honey, you should probably get here quickly...

you : huh? what happened?

kay : it's something you have to see to believe, just get here asap

hana : we're really sorry little one..

you : you guys are scaring me, i'll be there soon.

soobin : hurry.

and with that, you had your manager speed to the dorm. you didn't bother taking the elevator and instead sprinted up the stairs, using your key to unlock the dorm door quickly.

you ran in, kicking your shoes off before sprinting into the living room where all four of your members were huddled around something.

"guys..", you spoke up and they all gave you sympathetic looks.

"take a seat.", kay led you to the couch while gigi handed you her laptop.

you looked at the screen and let out a loud gasp, your eyes wide and everything.

jungkook and some girl.
at the park.
together.

your heart shattered, but you didn't feel any tears come out. you just felt like your world had stopped and numbness overcame you.

"i hope they're happy..", was all you said before getting up and going into your shared room, locking the door behind you and leaving your members speechless.

"we have to talk to the guys...", kay spoke and the others nodded, this couldn't be happening.