••26••

Your POV
you were currently in the recording studio, headphones on and preparing for your turn to record your part of a couple of songs from the mini-album. you had to do some backing vocals, record a rap, and record a lead vocal part since your group considered you an all around kind of member.

as you took a sip of water and fixed the microphone according to your height, you read over your lyrics and internally sighed seeing that all of the songs you were supposed to be recording were love songs.

they just HAD to be love songs, didn't they?

nevertheless, you were going to be a professional about it and gave the producer a nod as a cue for him to begin the music

•••••

after an annoyingly long recording session, you were finally done for the day and they allowed you to join the rest of your group in the practice room to continue learning and perfecting the dances to two of the songs which you'd be performing during the live broadcasts; one of them being your main comeback song and the other one was a song from the mini-album.

"so, are you ready to practice?" kay asked and you reluctantly nodded while you stretched in front of the mirror.

the first song was your title track, 'Confession Song,' which was on the upbeat side however it was very different from your initial debut but your label said it would be good to show different sides of the group.

the second song came from the mini-album and was called 'Twenty Four,' which was a lot more your speed in terms of style and "swag" as the producer of the song explained it during your recording session.

{a/n: so the songs are Confession Song by Got7 and then Twenty Four by Exo. it was difficult finding songs that fit christmas, were by a girl group, AND fit the image i want for rebelle so i borrowed some from my extensive boy group archive haha}

the first song was quite bubbly, but you could tolerate the melody for the time being; what you really had to get over was the lyrics since they were basically all about love and that was really something you didn't need at the moment.

however you persevered though that choreography for a couple of hours and then moved on to the much more technical choreography of 'Twenty Four.' the dance to the first song was a lot more playful and laid back, while this one had more of an impact and made a bigger statement.

sadly, the lyrics were no better than those of your title track but having to focus on the counts to the dance made ignoring the sappy/lovey-dovey lyrics easier.

•••••

it had been hours since you and the rest of rebelle had began dance practice and things were going smoothly since none of you were too bad of dancers. eventually, you all decided that going and getting some rest would be a good idea and after running through each song cleanly the five of you left, heading back to your dorm.

"great practice girls, i think this calls for a reward. how does sushi sound?" gigi asked and the van erupted in exhausted, but excited, screams.

"i'll take those yells as a definite yes,' the eldest one laughed and you smiled as you laid your head against the window and shut your eyes, you were pretty drained, both physically and emotionally.

the car ride didn't take long and sadly your little cat-nap was cut short, and sluggishly you trudged out of the van and into the building towards the elevator; your eyes halfway open the entire time.

you followed your group mates up and towards the door, being the last one in the dorm and shutting it after you stepped in. you could already hear gi ordering chicken and the rest of your group fighting on who would shower first. typical.