~1~ edited

Aria's POV

March, 2009

"What the fuck" I blinked rapidly and squinted at the bright light in my face. I tried to shield my eyes from the torch using my right arm, but it was tied down.

"Finally awake I see"

A man of tall exterior and covered in a well fitted suit, came into the light. He had a mature face, looking just under 40 years of age and had flat brown hair that was slicked back to give more of a professional look.

"Who are you?" My face was etched in confusion as I looked around the non-familiar room. I was surrounded by 4 walls of blank concrete and men in fitted suits similar to the man in front of me but less glamourous. The sound of clicking fingers in front of me covered the sound of my movement. My attention was directed towards the man, who seemed to be the leader. He bent down with his hands behind his back and looked me dead in the eye.

"Darling, I am the one that toys with the devil" He whispered.

I rolled my eyes and he seemed to be irritated by my response but stayed unfazed like he expected it.

"How fucking cliché" I grumbled. The tense air and stereotypical words being exchanged was really aggravating me and now all I wanted was answers.

"Why am I here?" I said sternly. He continued to maintain his close distance and scanned my face for a long minute before stepping back to his original position. His eyes stayed locked with mine as he brought his long arm up and motioned for one of his men to come forward. Another tall figure emerged from the darkness. He was clad in a suit and glasses and held a tablet. He pressed a few buttons on the screen and a video appeared on the wall in front of me. The man focused on the tablet and began reading as several images of myself and my family played on the screen.

"Aria Amara born 22nd of May 1994, in Brisbane, Australia. She is 15 years of age, 5.1 feet in height, has dark brown eyes and black hair & weighs 46 kilos. She is of Indian descent but was born and raised in Australia. From observation, most of her characteristics are quite mundane however we do know that she has problems controlling her emotions, specifically, her temper.  She is the daughter of Nigel Williams, drug lord and leader of the Red Tigers mafia. Aria started dancing at the age of 5 and became the captain of her dance team at 11. Alongside dancing, she achieved a black belt in two forms of martial arts and she is fluent in Spanish, English and Hindi. Her mother's name is unknown however sources tell us that she was a woman with a  wealthy job, possibly a lawyer or doctor, before she passed away in a car crash on the 27th of October, 2005."

By the time he was finished reading, my hands were balled into fists and my breaths were coming out hard and quick. I was angry. Very angry. I hated that they knew every little thing about me. They knew about my life, the big details but I don't doubt that they don't know the tiny details either. They probably knew about the times when I snuck out to parties or the last time I went to the market. They knew almost everything and it irked me to the max, but there was one thing they didn't know and that gave me a sense of comfort.

However my anger wasn't just fueled by their knowledge of my life, but my father. He was the leader of a gang all along. He was never the father that came home to his loving wife and daughter with flowers and he was never the father that held his daughter high on his shoulders while they laughed. But I knew that. He never showed an ounce of love towards me. But this was something bigger. My father was the leader of the Red Tigers. The gang he always warned me about and told me to stay in the confinements of my home late at night, because they would always be lurking the very streets outside my bedroom window. But really I should've been out of my house, far away from my so-called safe haven.

Because I lived with one of them.