~6~

Aria's POV

I watched as they beat him to pulp. Jabbed at the already torn flesh on his back and kicked his stomach and ribs until his pale skin was tinted a dark blue and purple. But all through his ruthless beating and pain, his eyes still stayed on mine. His once bright eyes were covered with agony and anguish as they weaselled through the crowd to find me. It was weird but fascinating how he only stared at me. Maybe he was curious as to why I helped him. Maybe he was interested in the way I ran the place. I wasn't sure at all but I did know that he was as inquisitive about me as I was about him.

------

"What are we going to do with him?"

"I say we should let him go"

"No you idiot, we can't risk him knowing anything about the way we run and then running of to his sissy gang and spilling our secrets"

Currently, we all sat around the study formulating ideas of what to do with the handsome green-eyed man. It was important to gather every high up person in our mafia when we captured someone to make sure we released them or covered up our tracks with utmost perfection. You could say this meeting was rather important.

I sat in my comfortable chair next to father as we conversed with the previous leaders of our mafia. It was like a hierarchy. The privilege of being the leader was handed down from grandparent to child to child. So it was pretty much a 'family meeting'.

I sighed as we discussed our options. I thought it all through before coming up with a smart decision.

"I'll keep him" I spoke up and the room went deadly quiet.

"I'll keep an eye on him in my apartment so that there is no risk of him overhearing anything about our mafia. I keep all my files and work in this house anyway so there's nothing he can find there and plus it's not like he's going to move much anyway"

All eyes were trained on me. They were all silent as they thought over my proposal.

"But we can't risk him finding out anything about you either" Father said.

"Dad, he's in one room. He'll be in the ensuite next to my room. I'll have to renovate a little bit though. Bar the windows, remove the door to the bathroom, put locks on the bedroom door..." I trailed on.

"Why can't we just kill him" My stupid cousin Lennon spoke. I rolled my eyes. Lennon was my uncle's perverted and downright stupid son. He never thought anything through but yet his boastful and envious father insisted he came to this meeting to prove his wing of the family was important, even though the both of them weren't former leaders. Uncle Robert was always so jealous that my father was the heir and not him, but too be fair, Dad is older and actually has a brain.

"Because Lennon." I sharply glared at him. "The Savages will be mad about us raiding them sure, but everything about this business is fair" I narrowed my eyes at his father and he just scoffed. "The Savages expected us to take revenge but they just thought they could take a cheap shot. However, if they know that we killed one of their men...They will send everything they've got to bump themselves up to second place"

Some nodded with my statement, silently agreeing with my logic and others kept quiet, thinking. It was quiet for a while until Grandfather spoke up.

"Very well then. Aria will keep him in her apartment after she fixes it up and in three days, he will be relocated. He's in your hands Aria don't mess this up." He said sternly with his hands folded behind his back on his rocking chair.

"I won't, I assure you" I said.

"I know you won't." He paused. "You may not be our blood Aria but you will always be the best grandchild I have" He said with kind eyes, his British accent floating through the air.

Yes, my entire foster family was British. In fact, even I had times where a slight British accent would flurry out of nowhere but my voice would quickly switch back to normal. It was weird because I had it even before I met any of my foster family so I couldn't have picked it up. It was even stranger because I was fully Indian on both sides of my original family. I guess it was an old English ancestor appearing in my voice from time to time.

"Well this signifies the end of this meeting" My father said. Everyone turned to leave.

I got up to leave as well but my father stopped me.

"Take good care of him" My father said sarcastically. A devious smirk covered his face.

"Of course father" I smirked back.

Well at least that's whatwe both though:p><%5)