~28~

Aria's POV

I woke up in my crappy motel bed, walked into the bathroom and got myself ready for the day.

It was a slightly cooler day today so I wore black tights and a cropped jersey with black ankle boots that had a small chain hanging from them. I put my hair up in a ponytail and then walked to the desk.

I had a lot of fun yesterday but now it was time to go back to work.

I reviewed the plans I had stolen from Nigel's desk. I knew there was a shipment coming in today but I didn't know what time. So I guess, I was going to stay out there all day. All I had to do was watch for who was supplying and delivering these shipments and then gather enough information for when the biggest deal was going down and then infiltrate it. But there were about 15 shipments scheduled here and the last one was to happen in September and it was the end of July.

I gathered the new phone I purchased, binoculars, my gun and a few knives.

I loaded my gun, checking it for bullets before walking out into the frosty weather of Holmes Chapel.

I didn't have to rent a car because the town was so small and I liked that.

I walked to the docks and perched myself on a seat behind a bush with my binoculars.

I'm ready to sit here for an entire day if it means I can move home as a free woman and give up my use of weapons on a daily basis.

And that, ladies and gentlemen, is what you call the life of a real princess. Note the sarcasm.

I have got to be the most fucked up and dangerous princess in the history of royalty.

I'm not kidding.

-------

I've been sitting here for 3 hours and it was almost noon now but there was still nothing. I was thinking the shipment would come in at 1 because that's when most of them came.

"Well what a coincidence, seeing you here"

I shrieked and looked to the direction of the voice.

Harry sat down next to me smiling.

"Hey baby" I kissed him while discreetly trying to hide the binoculars and valuable plans and maps. I didn't want him knowing about my plans here because I didn't want him getting involved.

He kissed me and pulled back.

"So what are you doing here? Behind a bush" He asked with raised eyebrows. I had a feeling he knew what I was doing here but he wanted to hear my lie. And a lie was exactly what I was going to give him.

"A little kid over there lost a ball so I was getting it for her" I said nonchalantly.

He hummed.

"Well can I help?" he asked.

"...No, because I already gave it to her" I added.

"Then why are you still here?" He asked. Fucking hell, I didn't know I was dating Sherlock Holmes.

"I thought I dropped something of mine while looking for the ball so I'm looking for it. Anyway what are you doing here?" I said as I looked for an escape from this conversation. He ignored my attempt to change the subject though.

"Oh was it these binoculars" He smirked, holding them up.

"Those aren't mine. I found those while I was looking for the ball actually" I said pointedly. I could feel myself losing a grip on my secret.

"Are these not yours either" He said, showing me the maps and plans. I sighed.

"Nigel's shipments" He read the title.

"Well if they aren't yours, then I should probably go give them back to Nigel" He said, getting up.

"Wait" I rolled my eyes.

He smirked and sat back down.

"Now tell me what you were really doing" he said.

"I'm tracking Nigel's shipments. He has 14 orders from the docks here so I'm trying to find out who's selling him this stuff and what times these are coming in and then infiltrate his biggest meeting." I revealed and took my binoculars and papers from Harry.

"And no you aren't helping me or coming with me." I added. He groaned.

"No Harry. This is between Nigel and I. Why do you think I didn't want to tell you?" I said as a matter of fact.

I sighed and looked down, brushing the hair out of my face.

"He blew up the Black Cobra's headquarters along with Dad and my entire family in it, Harry. I have to end this by myself" I said, looking down.

"Do you know how I got into the Red Tigers in the first place" He said after a few minutes of silence. I shook my head with my eyebrows furrowed in curiosity.

"My father owed Nigel something, but before he could repay him he died. Nigel came after me, threatening me to join his gang as repayment for my dad's deeds. I had to accept otherwise he would kill my friends and family so I did. A few days later they faked my death by crashing my tour bus and burning it with all my tour crew in it." He explained lowly.

I looked at him with sympathy, noticing Nigel had ruined us both.

"You need to let me help you end him Aria please. I deserve this chance" He said pleadingly and took my hand. I thought it over.

"Harry" I took my hand from his. "What if something happens to you? You have a nephew at home. You have a family here. If something happens to you, it will hurt them and me. I have no one Harry its different"

"You have me. You have my family and what if something happens to you? I would have to live my life every day in guilt knowing I could have helped you. If you don't want to do it for yourself then do it for me, please. I'd rather die knowing I did everything I could to help you, then live knowing I could've saved you. I love you"

I froze at his last sentence and looked up at him.

"No you don't" I said in disbelief.

"Yes I do." He smiled.

"But you said—"

"I said what I said because I was stupid. I listened to Nigel and saved my own skin even after I had fallen in love with you. I was afraid and I'm so so sorry" He clarified.

"But I mean it. I love you Aria" He said sincerely.

I know I should've said I loved him back but right now my brain was hurting. So instead I stood up and walked away. I ignored his shouts for me and just walked straight home. I didn't even think about the shipments. There were other ones anyway.

Once I made it back to the motel, I walked into my room and completely collapsed on my bed.

Falling asleep, trying to calm my stressed mine.

------

Harry's POV

I knew I shouldn't have told her right then, but it seemed like the right moment when we were being all sincere and honest with each other.

I watched as she walked away from me. I gave up on calling for her knowing doing that and trying to talk to her would just make it worse.

But I did love her. I really did. We all did.

She didn't know how much family she really had. Biological or not, my family was hers. Although they only met a couple of times, they loved her. She even wooed Luke and he is an engaged man. Even baby Theo loved her.

I had so many questions.

Was her walking away from me, a sign that she didn't love me anymore? Did she want to be with me? Did I blow my chance when I rejected her in Miami?

I had no idea what to think but I knew I had to stay behind and gather Intel about this shipment. It was the least I could do for her, seeing as I screwed this up for her too.