~33~

Aria's POV

"What was at the docks?" Harry asked as he ate his ice-cream.

"Nothing. The small boat was a fishing one and the shipment came in but I couldn't find anything." I shrugged nonchalantly and ate my chocolate ice-cream.

I couldn't feed Harry any clues or possible leads to where the big deal was going to be. If he knew then he would come with me and I wanted to avoid that. He has a family here and although I think of them as my own, they care about him way more than me. He is their flesh and blood. I'm just his girlfriend.

If he came with me, there was no telling if he would make it out of there alive.

Anyway, once I came home, Harry took us out to get ice-cream with Theo. Theo slowly rocked to sleep on the way here which was the objective because he was quite cranky today. So we decided to take care of him while his parents took a well-deserved nap.

I have to say, seeing Harry with Theo gives me lots of baby fever and I don't know if that's a good or bad thing.

I mean, I guess it's bad considering the situation we're in with Nigel but after that, if it all works out I can see myself having a family with Harry. He seems like a great Dad and I think we'd have cute but badass kids.

Two assassins having kids? That sounds like a dangerous mess that shouldn't be created.

I feel like, no matter how much we try to avoid and forget our lives as assassins, the children are going to end up being pros at knife throwing and shooting at the age of 6.

The poor children in their school.

Harry finished his ice-cream and discarded the empty cup before grabbing my hand and Theo's bassinet. We walked out onto the streets and got back into the car.

On the car ride home, Harry's hand stayed on my inner thigh the entire time but even that didn't distract me from my thoughts.

"Hey Haz, are there any gangs in Holmes Chapel" I asked him.

He looked surprised with my question for a second but answered anyway.

"Not really. I mean, they use our docks to ship their cargo and deal but their base is outside of the town. It's lead by Jackson Thomas"

"Oh ok" I said. Well, thank god. I made sure to cover my tracks when I flew from Brisbane to here, so there shouldn't be any reason that another gang would look for me in this town. I'd say we are safe.

Also, if all the gangs are like Jackson's then I shouldn't be concerned because he gave me information before I even had to make a threat.

"Why" He asked, looking at me.

"I was curious, your family lives here and now little Theo. I wanted to make sure they were safe" I lied. I mean it wasn't really a lie, it was like a half-lie. Of course, I wanted to know that they would be safe, but also to know I didn't have to watch my back.

"Aria, they are your family too" He said exasperatedly.

I huffed.

"Haz, I know that. But they would definitely feel worse if something happened to you and family is about equality" I said.

"They love us equally, even if you were a bitch. They would still love you because I love you"

I nodded. He reached over and pecked my lips.

------

"Gemma, Anne can I talk to you real quick?" I said, as I dismissed myself from the table. Harry looked at me with questions in his eyes but I just whispered, "Girl stuff" and left the table as they nodded.