~8~

Aria's POV

I walked into my flat with a frown on my lips. Father dismissed me from work until we figured out what to do with Harry. I mean he wasn't going to be locked up forever. I didn't have time to baby sit him for the duration of his life.

Urrhhh

It felt like I was being held hostage by myself. I couldn't go out, because if I did then that would mean being free from the confines of my home and being free meant having the urge to work. But what can I say, I'm a workaholic and my father knew that, everyone did. What else would explain my presence at work before the sun peaked through the clouds?

I trudged down the hallway to be faced with Harry's muscular back. He was leant over the grey sofa, watching the news.

I turned to walk down the hallway to my bedroom but the TV caught my attention and I went tense.

"Protesters outside of the beautiful Sunshine Palace scream in objection to the court's new rules. Asking desperately for a new ruler or nonetheless the missing princess." A reporter said. The news channel flipped to an interview with a protestor. "So, what is the cause of this rally?" the reporter asked.

"Well, the politicians have banned a massive quantity of children in each family and have sent refugee families with two or more children back to sea and, yeah, it's pretty outrageous" A man spoke, his Australian accent strong. The reporter was about to ask another question, when an old woman stumbled in, grasping the microphone.

"We need the Princess. She is the rightful heir to the throne and she will rid of these imbeciles" The old woman butted in frantically.

The news channel flashed back to the reporter at her desk and she further explained the issue.

"Protestors have said that they will not leave the court yards until something is done. They urge for the true ruler who they call the 'Reckless Princess' to return to the palace and rule the land as her mother, the late Queen Mariana did. Queen Mariana died ba—"

I pressed the button on the remote, shutting off the TV. I couldn't listen any longer.

"Hey" Harry yelled.

I rolled my eyes with a blank expression.

"Stop watching that shit" I said and stomped down the hall.

I closed my bathroom door behind me and then undressed before stepping into the shower. I kept my gun next to me in the shower as I turned on the tap. The warm water cascaded down my shoulders and to the curve of my back. I sighed as the tension in my shoulders decreased rapidly. A knock on the door startled me.

"I'm going to have a piece of the cake in the fridge" Harry shouted.

My eyes almost bulged out of my head. I quickly turned the water off and grabbed my towel without drying my skin and sprinted down the hallway.

"HARRY!" I yelled.

He was about to put a piece of the cake in his mouth when I wacked the fork out of his hand.

"Hey" He yelled.

"THE CAKES POISONED YOU IDIOT"

I hurriedly threw the cake out because it couldn't be used due to the slice missing.

"Poisoned?" He tilted his head.

"Yes, I was holding it for my Dad so he could take it to a ball. It was meant for someone there." I explained.

"Oh"

"Yeah. So don't eat anything in this fridge or house for that matter without asking me. Got it?"