~14~

Aria's POV

"You are all here for this meeting because Aria is being threatened by the Red Tiger's leader Nigel Williams" My father addressed our colleagues as they all sat down. It was another important meeting to discuss the future actions we would follow and how to deal with Nigel.

Harry was at home like always which reminded me about another thing that we had to discuss at today's meeting. Our relationship and his freedom.

Grandfather and my other civil relatives, excluding Lennon and Uncle Robert, looked at me sympathetically. They all knew my relations with Nigel but no one ever said anything. Dad didn't like someone else being called my father. I mean, it was a little hypocritical considering I wasn't his biological daughter but my real father didn't take care of me and by saying, Dad doesn't think such a coward is capable of being my father.

"You mean Aria's real father" Lennon snickered. I spoke too soon. Dad shot up out of his seat but I put my arm out to stop him from lunging at Lennon. Dad couldn't hit his nephew. So I decided to do it for him. I took long strides and snatched his collar. I lifted him from his seat by the neck and saw the fear flash through his eyes. I punched him once, hearing the snap of his nose. He screamed in pain and I shoved him back into his seat. His dad screamed his name like a little pussy and dragged him out the door while glaring at me. I sickly smiled back. I sat back in my seat and after a long minute of silence, we decided to continue.

Dad passed the letter that Nigel sent as a threat around until it reached grandpa who analysed it thoroughly.

"We think that there is a mole in our mafia or someone is truly watching Aria closely either as a contact of hers, from her cameras or from afar. Our best guess is that they've hacked into her cameras." Father says, leaning back into his chair.

"Well there's nothing we can do besides investigate everyone Aria knows but that can put everyone she's associated with in danger and possibly give Nigel more information" Grandfather said.

I thought over his words. It seemed to me like there was nothing we could do besides wait for another threat or word from Nigel. But I didn't want to wait. What's the worst he could do to me anyway? Why exactly was he threatening me. For 4 years he was silent, why now? What made me so vital to his life and schemes that made him want me right now? I felt my real personality kick in. I honestly don't give a fuck if he wanted me, because maybe it was time to turn myself in. Maybe it was time for me to return to the life I ran away from.

"There's nothing we can do. We'll just have to leave it. If he comes for me, then I'll go with him. It's the best option" I lowly stated as I kept my gaze on the floor. I wasn't staring at the tiles for much longer as my father's grip on my chin brought my face to his. Concern and a little bit of anger was etched into his expression.

"Aria what are you saying. You want to give in to him" my father whispered. I sighed.

"Father, do you remember the day your men kidnapped me?" I asked. He nodded as the rest of the room listened intently to our conversation.

"Yes, they caught you off the streets"

"Exactly. Off the streets. I ran away from Nigel and you guys happened to catch me right after"

Everyone gasped. My father and grandfather both looked into my eyes as if silently asking me to confirm what I just said. I nodded and they both sighed.

"Very well then Aria. Rest until he sends another threat. We will do everything to get our heir back. It was nice having you as our family, love."

I nodded and hugged grandpa. I returned to my seat, remembering other topics we had to discuss.