~11~

Aria's POV

2 weeks later...

"Why do I have to learn this" Harry groaned.

"Harry we are going to the bola de latina anual.(Annual Latin Ball)" He put his hands up

"Wow, stop right there. I don't even know what you just said" I rolled my eyes.

"Everyone will be dancing there and I'm there to represent the Black Cobras and at every ball the heirs to every allied mafia dance with their partner so we have to do this. Now let's go through it again" I explained.

"But we've been practicing this for a week and I'm sick of it" He complained and stomped his foot like a little child. I rolled my eyes and approached him.

"I know. But we have to do this" I kissed him for a few seconds and then we continued practicing.

Over the last two weeks harry and I have gotten closer. He sneaks a few kisses here and there and he even calls me pet names like 'baby' and 'love'. I filled in Jordyn of our current 'situation' and it went like this.

Flashback

"So how are you" She slyly asked. I faintly smiled as I thought of what she was referring too, Harry.

"Are you smiling" She asked with surprise. I rolled my eyes and gave her that look like it wasn't a big deal.

"Aria don't give me that look. This is a big deal. You never smile over a boy. You are completely 'besotted'" She nudged me. I gave her a weird look.

"Is that a new word you learnt from Twitter?" I raised my eyebrows. She nodded. I gave her another weird look and then continued to sip my coffee.

"Anyway, stop changing the subject"

"Look I like him, that's all" I felt my face go red as a tomato, which was quite strange I must say.

Apparently Jordyn thought so too.

"Oh my god you're blushing. Aria this is a rare occurrence that you need to take advantage of" She said.

"Yeah but I'm supposed to be keeping him hostage not swimming with him and kissing him. I'm even bringing him as my date to the Latin Ball. I'm completely failing my job" I hung my head in shame.

"Is this your way of telling me that I'm not invited to go to the ball with you this year" She asked.

"Jordyn I'm serious" I frowned. She sighed.

"Aria I know you love your job but there are times when you have to put yourself before your job" her smile had dropped now and she had her 'mother' face on.

"Dad will be mad though" I softly argued.

"Aria" She sighed. "I've known you since we have been 14 and I know that my Aria does not give a shit about following the rules. You broke 53 out of72 rules in mafia school. Who would even dare break a rule in mafia school, nonetheless 53 out of 72? You're just making excuses to not be with him." She gave me that look that meant that I couldn't get past her.

"You're right" I gave in.

"Don't act like you weren't hinting at me. What did you say when we were younger about you lying" She raised her eyebrows and the corners of my lips curved upwards at the memory.

"The only way you can tell if I'm lying or avoiding situations is if I want you to see the truth" I playfully rolled my eyes and she pulled me in for a hug.

"I love you, stupid head" I muttered and she laughed.

"I love you, Dumbass" She muttered back.

End of Flashback

I decided to take my dear friend's advice. Sort of. I mean I haven't let him sleep in my bed or do couple things but I am opening up to him a little. I mean just a few days ago we got a threat from the man himself. Nigel Williams, my real father. Of course, I was stressed about it. I mean, if it was any other gang or person I would probably give my best men a simple solution and left it at that but this was more than a simple threat. It was my father, and it sucked more because if he has any reason to attack my mafia it would be because the leader raised his daughter as if I was his blood.

Don't get me wrong, Nigel definitely doesn't love me, and not to boast or anything but if I found out how successful my own daughter was while being raised with a completely different family. I would be pissed. More than pissed, and Nigel has a short fuse alike me.

Anyway, I'll just show you what happened.

Flashback

I was sitting in the living room with Harry, watching reruns of Friends and laughing my head off.

"MY SANDWICH" Ross yelled.

Harry and I burst out laughing. It was all going fine until my phone buzzed. I looked at it to see Dad flash on the caller ID. As I was still watching this hysterical show, I answered the phone with a playful tone.

"Hellloooo" I giggled into the phone.

"ARIA WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN. I'VE RUNG YOUR PHONE 28 TIMES!!!" My father's voice boomed down the phone line.

I cringed visibly. I looked down at my phone, checking into the recent call logs and saw a full page of missed calls.

"I'm sorry Dad, I must not have heard it buzz" I said apologetically. He huffed and assured me it was fine.

"Why'd you call" I asked.

"We have a problem, Darling" He said sadly.

I answered sceptically.

"What problem?" My brows were furrowed and Harry looked over at me.

"The Red Tigers, Aria. They sent a threat for you."

My face lost its colour and my ears momentarily stopped hearing.

"W-what'd they d-do" I stuttered.

"Well they killed Tony and sent his body back with a note nailed to his forehead"

"But Tony's supposed to be on holiday in Thailand with his family" I breathed.

"Exactly" Father sighed.

"What did the note say" I asked.

"To my dear daughter Aria. You never know whose watching, who you're letting get close to you. From your real father Nigel"

End of Flashback

So they threatened me with the death of my colleague. Poor Tony was an innocent. He helped us hack into computers and retrieve locations of cash houses and other gangs. He was only a computer lad but even then he did not do it willingly, he did it to earn money for his family. He only took up the job because of the mafia law to not kill innocents, and children which every mafia followed except for one. The Red Tigers. Sick bastards they were. A sick bastard he was.

Anyway, when Harry asked me what happened, I had no choice to tell him, even explain my family tree. You could say by the end of it, he was shocked and out of breath and he wasn't even in the family. That's how much of an effect my family's story has on people. How sad.