~20~

Aria's POV

I slowly opened my eyes seeing him looking at me with an expression I couldn't decipher. It was a complete blank look.

I hastily looked into his eyes seeing an emotion that I wish I didn't see. Remorse.

"Say something Harry please" I pleaded.

I saw his face twist into a menacing snarl and I gasped. He started to laugh with an evil look in his eye. He pushed me off of him and I looked at him with disbelief. He got up, still chuckling to himself.

He started to dress himself, turning his back to me.

"Harry" I whispered with a small shred of hope.

"I don't love you"

His words hit me like a hard slap in the face. My eyes closed as I looked down in pain. I could feel my eyes clouding with tears. I knew this would happen. Somehow I could tell. But I could still feel a tiny shred of hope and desperation.

"You're lying" I boldly stated, getting up to face him.

He turned around laughing. It was a laugh that made me cringe. It didn't belong to my Harry. He wasn't my Harry.

"Do I look like I'm lying" He pointed to his face. "Is this the face of someone lying"

"Your words deny me but your eyes don't" I stated coldly.

"They are clouded with guilt" I looked at him with sincerity.

He chuckled darkly again.

"They are guilty, because I feel guilty for leading you on." He said.

"For making you think that I wanted you for anything more than your body and protection" He spat. I couldn't help the tears falling or the anger coursing through my body. My hand reached up to backhand him.

A hard smack sounded in the room.

He looked at me and I swear I saw a small bit of guilt and sadness as he watched my tears fall. But like the emotion in his face and eyes, it disappeared.

I faced the ground, wiping at my tears and grasping the satin sheet wrapped around me.

"Get out" I muttered.

"Gladly" He scoffed.

Normally, I would have made him feel pain alike my own and cussed him out with my cruel words but as soon as I heard the sound of his old Chelsea boots stomping against the hard beige floor and then the door slamming shut, I knew I didn't have the strength to do so. I drowned out everything after that as I collapsed. My body fell to the floor as I wrapped my arms around myself and cried. I cried for the pain I felt and the rejection that left me in tears for the first time since my mother died. I cried for the sad excuse of life I held. I was someone of importance and wealth before I stupidly ran away and joined a dumb gang. I was supposed to lead people, allow them to trust me every step of the way but instead I threw all that away to become a murderer.

After a long five minutes of sobbing, I decided to get myself cleaned up, remembering the people that would burst through my door at any minute.

I washed my face, splashing my eyes briefly with cold water to eliminate any trace of my teary and weak face. I dressed myself in black tights and a long-sleeve black twisted crop that had gold studs covering it. I changed my nose piercing to a gold stud and my belly button piercing to a matching one.

I was surely mental to be dressing up for my capture but a girl had to do what a girl had to do.

I know that I said, I was going to 'welcome Nigel with open arms'. Which was what I was going to do...after I put up a fight. I'm a strong woman or assassin you could say. My dignity and self-worth was the only thing going for me now and that was ok. I would never give up my life for a man, even if I loved him with all of my being. It was a tactic my mother always used.