~3~ (edited)

Aria's POV

I walked through the halls with Anthony's second in command, Jack. The halls were white and decorated with black and white pictures. The entire house from what I've seen was modern and sleek. I've had a full tour of the house except my room.

Jack stopped at a white door. He gestured for me to open it and I did. The sight before me was magnificent. I was used to big and glamorous rooms but this was something else. A huge double bed was placed to my left with a small rectangle plush chair in front of it. The room was themed grey, white and dark grey. A huge modern chandelier hung from the ceiling and a massive seating area hid behind two glass sliding doors.

I entered the door to my right and saw a huge walk in closet with a silver circular chair in the middle of 5 cupboards full of clothes my size. Another gold and silver chandelier hung above the chair.

I was in awe of the whole place. Don't get me wrong, I've had plenty of luxurious bedrooms but none this glamorous. My jaw dropped lower if that was possible when I entered my bathroom. It had a marble and white wood shower in the middle of the room with a separate white marble bathtub in front of it. Two sets of sinks, cabinets and mirrors were on either side of the shower connected to the walls.

I felt a hand shake my shoulder a bit to bring me back to reality. Jack's hand was placed on my left shoulder and he was laughing at my reaction. I was so shocked I couldn't even speak.

"w-wow" I choked out. I looked around again as if I couldn't believe it. I went back to my bedroom and threw myself on the bed. I let out a loud sigh in satisfaction as I closed my eyes.

"Well, I'll leave you be. Your father will be in his office if you want him" Jack called out as he closed the door. I was still amazed about how fast the workers redecorated the rooms to my liking when I only told them 2 hours ago. My clothes were also picked out only an hour ago by a personal stylist, father brought for me. Father. It felt weird to call him that, in fact it felt weird to call anyone that. I never called my biological father, "father" because he simply hated it. It was always Mr. Nigel for him. He had to be professional with everyone even his own daughter and now I knew why.

I decided to take a warm bath to keep up to speed on my personal hygiene. I guess you could say being tied to a dusty chair in a basement for about a week isn't exactly 'clean'.

I scrubbed my body and got out once I was finished. I passed through all my clothes searching for my everyday wear section and once I found it, I picked out a dark blue off the shoulder top and black shorts.

I exited the closet to find Anthony standing in the middle of the room.

"There you are, I have to talk to you" He said with a friendly smile on his face. Judging by the smile on his face, it seemed like I had nothing to worry about but I was still alert.

"Ok, I settled the adoption papers, so you are officially my daughter and just to be safe I have changed your name" He pulled out a document with my face on it.

The sheet of paper had a portrait of me with my new name and parent.

Aria Blair Watson

D.O.B : 22nd of May 1994

Parent/s: Anthony Drew Watson

"Your new name is Aria Watson and you will go to a high school that is for the children of Mafia members. They will teach you science, math and all the normal things you learn at school and how to use a gun and fight. But for you to become the best, I have organized training for you with the best men we have and you will have extra training with me." He said.

"You will also learn how to be a pusher, hacker and runner. We will teach you all the jobs and skills of the mafia. You will be the first to know how to do everything in this business and that will make you the best." He finished.

I drank in all the information until I processed it all. He turned to leave my new room but stopped as he reached the door.

"Aria" He spoke.

"Yes"

"I know you're hiding something and I know you won't tell me what it is. You aren't normal. Your family isn't either. Because if you were...we would know your mother's name"

I stood there shocked as he left the room without another word. He was right. I was hiding something. Their corporation was missing the secret that sculpted who I am. It was a significant part of my existence and life. It was a part of me that defined my purpose on Earth... and although I felt bad for hiding something so significant from the people who would care and raise me, the more dominant side of my mind was glad that they hadn't found out yet, because I had no intent of letting my truth be revealed.

Not just yet.