Conor Maynard- Stormy Nights

You were completely terrified of big storms, thunder and lightning scared the life out of you. Just your luck, there was currently a massive storm hitting England.

You couldn't sleep, it was currently the middle of the night. You were sat on the sofa with a blanket around you, flinching anytime there was a crash of thunder or a loud gush of wind outside.

You knew your roommate Conor would still be up working but you didn't want to bother him. It would be so embarrassing telling him whats wrong. You just hoped he stayed in his room so you wouldn't have to admit you were terrified of the storm.

You lay there awake for what felt like forever staring at your phone, trying to ignore what was happening.

Suddenly you heard Conors door creak open and footsteps on the wooden floor.

You had the light on so obviously he saw you straight away.

"Hey, what are you still doing up?" He asked, looking down at you.

You sat up "Oh I just can't sleep" you sighed and hoped he wouldn't ask any more questions.

"What's wrong?" He asked sweetly and leaned against the arm of the sofa.

"Nothing" You lied.

Just after you spoke another lighting bolt hit, the sound made you jump.

Conor chuckled after realising what was wrong "The storms scaring you huh?"

"No" You tired your best to deny it but your cheeks flushed pink, showing your embarrassment.

Conor moved to sit next to you.

He lifted your chin so you were forced to look into his sparkling blue eyes. Looking into his eyes made your heartbeat quicken.

"Don't lie to me y/n" He joked and smirked noticing your embarrassment.

"I-" Before you could finish your sentence there was another loud crash of lighting which made you jump, again.

He chuckled.

"Shut up" You muttered and threw a pillow at him.

"How dare you throw a pillow at me!" Conor pretended to be offended before suddenly beginning to tickle you.

"C-on-or s-stop" You managed to get out between fits of giggles.

Lighting struck yet again but this time it seemed louder, it caught you off guard and you lept on to Conors lap.

"You really are terrified of storms" He laughed.

You went to move off his lap but he wrapped his arms around your waist and brought you closer.

You rested your head against his chest and he leant his chin on the top of your head. You two stayed like that for awhile.

It felt strange being this close to him, but not in a bad way. You had been roommates for 6 months but that's all you were, just roommates. Being this close to him made your face redden more and your skin tingle.

Conor began to talk to you to try and distract you from the noises coming from outside. You talked for a couple of hours about everything. You completely forgot about the storm because in his arms yo felt like nothing could ever harm you.

"Con?" You whispered noticing him struggling to stay awake.

"Yeah?" He mumbled sleepily.

"You should go to bed you look exhausted," You said.

"What about you?" He said followed by a yawn.

"I'll be fine" You insisted and moved off his lap so he could get up.

"No you won't" He replied.

"Go to bed!" You laughed.

"Fine," He said dragging out the e, he stood up a stretched his arms.

Conor went off to bed but the second he left you began to realise how scary the storm seemed without him there.

You thought about going him. You kept telling yourself not to until there was another roar of thunder and you thought fuck it!

You crept into his room.

"Conor?" You whispered.

He grumbled in response before slowly opening his eyes and looking up at you.

"Hey" He mumbled.

"I um" You flinched as another crash came from outside.

"Get in" He chuckled softly and moved over to make room for you.

You ended up falling asleep in his bed, laying on his chest. One of his hands rested on the small of your back and the other was holding yours. Every time something would back you flinch he would squeeze your hand comfortingly.

You knew that night would change the relationship between you and Conor. You weren't really sure what impact it would have on your friendship but quite frankly right now while you were warm and safe in Conors arms you didn't care.