Joe Sugg-"You said you loved me"

"You said you loved me." This was not meant to be a question. But as the words left your mouth it was there, the lift, the small plea for an answer.

"We all say things we don't really mean" Was Joe's harsh response.

His words hit you like a ton of bricks, actually scrap that it hit you like a damn bulldozer.

Joe's icy blue eyes met yours. Mascara smudged around them as tears fell down onto your cheeks like raindrops. He sighed and pulled his hand through his hair.

You had thousands and thousands of thoughts running through your head but you couldn't muster up a single word to say. The second your eyes met your brain went blank, numb with all the pain. It felt like someone had just shot you in the heart.

You took a deep breathe, "So you're telling me everything was a lie?"

He didn't respond, his eyes were now glued to the floor.

"Joe, please tell me the past year and a half of my life hasn't been a lie!" You begged, your voice cracked slightly as the reality of the situation hit you.

He finally looked up.

"Listen I think we rushed into this relationship too fast."

"We? I didn't do any of that. I think you used me so you could get over her!" You raised your voice as anger bubbled up inside you.

You were referring to Joe's ex who left him for some millionaire who lived miles away and barely even said goodbye.

Shortly after the breakup, Joe was all over you; acting like you were the love of his life. But that's all it was, an act. He'd shoved all his emotions on to help him get over her. He was confessing his undying love for you a couple of months into the relationship, which was out of character for Joe.

You didn't think Joe was a bad person just alone, heartbroken and lost. Sometimes you felt like he just pretended you were her to deal with the pain. But you weren't her and you never would be.

The worst part, you let him do it, in fact you were almost oblivious to what was happening because you were completely in love with him and there was no denying that. But recently you had been seeing the painful reality.

"You know what you're right, I'm still in love with her and like I said I never loved you!" He snapped.

That was the truth and you were glad he was finally admitting it to himself. But the truth hurts, it hurts hell of a lot and the words "I never loved you" kept going round and round in your head.

You tried hard to keep it together but you failed as you began to sob.

"It isn't fair!" You screamed "I did nothing but love you! And she left you! So why do you love her?! Why am I no enough?"

He pulled you into his chest and hugged you tightly.

"You are enough" He whispered, "I'm just a heartless man who is broken and sad."

"That's not true" You mumbled.

"I can't stay here," He said as he pulled away from you "I can't keep hurting you, I'm sorry for everything."

And with that, he walked towards the door. He said goodbye before pulling it open, leaving and never looking back.

He left and it felt like with him he took a piece of your heart.

You were left inside you. An aching hole in your heart.

You stood there with tear stained cheeks and red puffy eyes, feeling broken.

"I still love you" You whispered into the silence