Chapter 6

I was going to wait till tomorrow to post this, but I had to get it out. I thank all of you for the support man it means so much to see all my favorite authors support me like this. You guys inspire me to write and grow. I'm just trying to be as good as y'all.  I love y'all man from the bottom of my heart. (In my Aug voice) Believe Dat! lol

*Omari is in the MM*

AMBER P.O.V. –

I had just hung up the phone with a client when Christina walked into my office. I mentally rolled my eyes. She never came in for a casual visit. If she was visiting, a dump load of work was sure to follow. I was getting sick of this shit.

“Are you busy?”

Yes because you keep me busy. “Not at all.” I flashed a fake smile.

“Come over here a second. There’s someone I’d like you to meet.”

I got up from my seat and walked over to her.

She opened the door and a familiar face stood next to her.

“Amber Patrice Riley.”

I froze. It was my ex-boyfriend. We had so many memories together. We were bestfriends in high school and dated at the University of Georgia where we went for undergrad.

He had went on to play professional football for the New York Giants and his muscular stature showed that. He got injured, went back to law school in New York, and the last thing I heard he was a big shot Attorney up there.

And now he stood before me, looking like he walked straight out of GQ magazine.

“He said he knew you.” Christina patted him on the back.

“Is that right?”

He smirked at me.

“He’s joining the team. Now you’ll get the help you need. I’ll leave you two.”

Christina left and closed the door.

Omari stood back and looked me up and down.

“I don’t remember my best-friend looking this good.”

“Boy please.” I rolled my eyes and folded my arms.

“I’ve missed you Amb. Why you go off to Louisiana and leave a brother?”

“Why you go off to the NFL and leave a sister?” I looked him up and down.

He laughed. “Miss Riley you got the story wrong baby. If I remember correctly, I asked you to go to NYU to law school to be with me. But you chose to follow that boyfriend you left me for down to the bayou.”

“You deserved to be left.”

“Not gonna argue with that. I take full responsibility for my mistakes.”

“Hmm. That’s something new.” I sat back down at my desk, taking a sip of my coffee.  

He sat in the brown leather chair across from me, and crossed his legs the way that men do.  

“I was a boy then. I’m a man now.” He straightened the cuff on his shirt. “I hope since I’m back in the A, you’ll give this man a chance.”

I almost choked on my coffee as I laughed. “You think it’s that easy. Just waltz in here, and we start where we left off? Please.”

“Hmm. So you’ve never thought about me all these years?” He rubbed his chin with his index finger.