Chapter 38

****Pics of the girl's outfit. Aug's suit and basket in M/M****

AMBER P.O.V. –

“Tanya are you serious?” I couldn’t believe what I was hearing on the other end of the phone.

“My boss is trippin’. ”

“Didn’t you tell him you were leaving before today?”

“Yeah, but an emergency came up and he needed me.”

“The day before Tanya? My birthday is tomorrow.”

“I know and I’m so sorry babe. I’ll make it up to you. I promise.”

“I already took off.” I raised my voice into the phone.

“Well just enjoy the days to yourself.”

I sighed heavily at yet another let down. Tanya told me she had to cancel the trip, because she had to work. She owned her own travel agency which she ran on the side, but during the day, she worked at a well-respected P.R. Firm.

“First August. Now you. I’m convinced nobody loves me.” I plopped back on the couch.

“Amber stop being dramatic. As soon as I get off, we’ll do something.”

“Whatever.” I said tired and aggravated at how everything seemed to be falling apart. I could’ve been with August for this.

“Amb come on. Don’t do me like that. You know I have no control over this.”

“I know.”

“In the meantime use the day to pamper yourself. Get your hair and nails done. Do your make up nice. And be ready when I get off ok?”

“Yeah, yeah.” I rolled my eyes.

“I’ll pick you up around 7. We’ll do dinner or something. Aight?”

“Ok.”

“Love you.”

“Love you too.”

“Bye.”

“Bye.”

Me and Tanya hung up. This birthday was gonna suck ass big time.

AUGUST P.O.V. –

“I’m not wearing this.”

“August, it looks cute on you.” Tanya said straightening this lame ass Prince  costume on me.

“Yes honey you are rocking that.” Stacy said being sarcastic.

Her and Tanya looked at each-other and bursted into laughter.

“I’m not wearing this.” I said taking off the jacket.

“August, it adds to the effect. It’s only for a day.” Tanya picked up the jacket I threw on the floor.

“You look like a real Prince Uncle Aug.” Kay ran up to me.

“You do.” Chay and Noonie nodded in agreement.

“See.” Tanya said smiling at the girls and patting them on their heads.

“We came up here to get the girls a outfit. Not me.”

“August if you gon do a Cinderella themed party, do it all the way. Or don’t do it at all.” Stacy sucked her teeth.

“Can’t I just wear a regular suit or something?”

“No. A regular suit won’t fit into the theme.” Tanya handed me back the suit jacket.

I reluctantly put it back on and looked in the long the mirror.