Chapter 44

**** Thank you guys for your support last chapter. Trust me I am not discouraged over those few comments, but I still felt like I needed to address it. Not just for them, but for all of us as a reminder of our beauty.

AMB's night-clothes and what Amb thinks Aug is doing in m/m****

AMBER P.O.V. –

“What are you doing here?” I arrived to see Nate standing outside my office door.

“I am going to come to this office every single day, until you accept my offer.”

“Not happening.” I tried to go in my office and lock the door but he came in.

“Don’t make me call security.”

He sat down in one of the leather chairs across from my desk.

“You do know my father is the head of this department. You can’t kick me out.”

That was the thing about Nate. He came from a politically powerful family. His grand-father was the first black governor of Georgia. His mother was on the Georgia Supreme Court, and he was right, his father was the head Attorney in our department.

“Nate, if you care about your life I suggest you leave.” I looked nervously at the clock on my wall, knowing August would be coming in at any moment.

He didn’t respond he just crossed his legs men-style and checked his phone. “Get settled we have some things to discuss.”

“No we don’t. You need to leave. Now!” I pointed to the door.

He laughed. “Is that your authoritative voice?”

“Nate, my boyfriend works here. If he comes in and sees you in this office it is not going to end well for either of us.”

“Is he an attorney? What division does he work in? Gangs or Narcotics?” He looked up at me.

“It doesn’t matter what division he works in. Just know he isn’t as tactful as me.”

“No man walking this earth scares me. Especially if he’s from Georgia. My family will end his entire career if steps out of line.”

“Oh my God.” I plopped down in my chair and put my head in my hands.

“Nate if I entertain your conversation please just go.”

“I don’t want you to entertain conversation; I want you to accept my offer.”

“I told you I’m moving at the end of July.”

“To where?”

“It doesn’t matter.”

“Okay, I’ll put it like this. You be my campaign manager I’l pay you a half a million dollars as your salary, on top of all the benefits such as healthcare. In addition, I’ll reimburse you for any travel.”

That was sounding like a heck of a good offer, but August was more important than money to me.

“Why don’t you get Omari, he worked on Senator Carter’s campaign in New York.”

“I don’t want Omari. I need a woman to help me get the women’s vote.”

“So you’re using me to expand your voter base.”

“It’s like killing two birds with one stone. You’re competent for the job and you can get women to like me. They see you’re working on my campaign, they’ll automatically give me the vote.”

He was so fucking arrogant it was ridiculous.

“It’s a reason women don’t like you Nate. You’re an arrogant asshole. You think just because you have money and your family has power you can get people to do anything you want. And while it might impress some women, it doesn’t impress me. So if security is too afraid to come and get you, I don’t think the Georgia Police Department will when I tell them you’re harassing me. ”