Chapter 21

***Sam look at God. He answered your prayer about another update lol. August and Kay-Kay in the M/M****

AUGUST P.O.V. -

“Uncle Aug, you’re supposed to smile?”

“You don’t smile on a passport photo Kay.” She stood on the side of me, as I was getting ready to take this picture. “Hold Unc glasses.”

She took the glasses from me and put them on. They were entirely too big for her face, but she thought she looked cool anyway. I saw her looking at herself through the glass of one of the freezers that held beverages. She was making rapper poses.  

“Kay, what you doing?” I laughed.

“Nothing.” She looked at me grinning.

 “Sir can you remove your hat as well.” The store clerk taking the picture said as she got the camera ready.

“Here Kay.” I put my snapback on her head. It came down over her eyes. I turned it backwards so she could see.

“I’m ready whenever you are.” The female store clerk  told me, motioning for me to stand in front of the white background.

“Aight. I’m ready.”  I looked at the camera plainly, not smiling.

“On three. 1, 2, 3,” She snapped the photo and looked at it.

“Let’s get one more. On three. 1,2,3.” She snapped the photo.

“We good?” I asked her.

“Yup, you can pick them up tomorrow.”

“Aight, thank you.”

“No problem.” She said walking behind the photo center counter.

“Uncle Aug, can we get some snacks?” Kay said holding on to the over-sized glasses on her face.

“What you want?”

“Twix and umm, Cheetos.” She smiled.

I grabbed her hand and we went to go find her snacks of choice. I got me some Flaming Hots and Gummie Bears. I don’t know why I loved Gummie Bears, but I was addicted to them things.

I paid for the items and we drove back to my apartment. Chay and Noonie had spent the night over a friend’s house.

I grabbed some clothes and was about to go back over Amber’s house, until Kay stopped me.

“Uncle Aug don’t go?” She had the saddest expression on her face.

“Hey, what’s wrong babygirl?” I dropped my things on the floor and picked her up.

“You always leave me for Ms. Amber. We…we…used to talk at night. We don’t anymore.” She laid her head on my shoulder.

“Aww Kay.” I kissed her forehead.

“And you’re leaving next week and I’m not going to see you at all.” She started to cry.

“Stop that Kay. Unc will be back and he going to bring you back something real nice. Okay?” She shook her head.

“Can I go with you over Ms. Amber house?”

It was either take Kay with me or stay in this cramped up apartment.

“Stay right here a second. I’mma call Amb, okay?”

“Okay.” She said sweetly and I put her down on the couch.