Chapter 18

**** Y'all excited about this Aug tour and this BET Performance? #IchooseAugust

Stacy apartment in the M/M****

AMBER P.O.V. –

“Turn the light on.” He sat up and turned toward me.

“No August I’m trying to sleep.” I fluffed my pillow.

“I said turn the fucking light on.” I could hear the anger rising in his voice.

“Just go to sleep.” I said trying to ignore him and get comfortable.

He threw the covers off his body and got up. I heard shuffling in the darkness. Curious as to what he was doing, I turned on the light. He was putting on his pants.  

“Really? You’re leaving?” I sat up.

He didn’t respond. He just put on his hoodie that was laying on the chair in the corner of my room.  

“Are you that mad we didn’t have sex?”

“It’s not about the fucking sex.” He said sitting on the edge of the bed putting on his socks.

“Then what is it August?” I said dryly, lifting my knees and putting my hand on my forehead.

“I shouldn’t have to tell you.” He got up from the edge of the bed and buttoned his pants.  

“Okay, I’m really confused.” I put my hands in my palms out of frustration.

“Tsk.” He scoffed, grabbing his gold chain from the nightstand.

“If it’s not about the sex, what did I do?”

“I told you I loved you.”

“I heard you.”

“You ain’t say shit back.” He got super animiated  and did his hands like he was spitting rap lyrics.

“Oh my God.” I fell back on my pillow. Totally done.

“So you still ain’t gon say shit?”

“What do you want me to say August?”

“What the hell you mean what I want you to say? I fucking love you too.”

I sighed deeply, and looked at the clock which read 12:30 am.  

He looked at me. His face filled with longing hoping I said yes.

 “So you don’t love me?”

“I care for you August and you know that.”

“But you don’t love me?” His voice cracked a little.

I looked at the ceiling and didn’t respond.

I saw his jaw move, he shook his head as if to say, “I get it”,  and left out the room.

 “August.” I called out looking at the open door.

I knew he was gone by the loud slam of the front door that reverberated through the entire house.

It’s not that I didn’t love August, I did. But I wasn’t ready to say that yet. I wanted to be sure of it. I mean, we just got together. Can we enjoy a fucking peaceful week first?

I shook my head, fell back on my bed with my pillow on my face. Why man?

AUGUST P.O.V. -

 “Get off the damn door. I’m coming.” I saw Stacy look through the peep hole, then open the door.

“Why are you banging on my door at 1 in the morning?”