Chapter 26

****I saw this and thought this was so hilarious and cute.

"August Alsina on a scale of 1 to 10 I'd rate you a 9, cuz I'm the ONE you need." lol. I love this.

Anyway, I see Aug is just gonna keep getting tats, till he don't have no more space left. That new Tat on his leg is super huge, he talking about getting one on his side, and I know y'all saw the N.O. one on his hand. I guess I can rock with it, as long as he don't start putting stuff on the front of his face. Please lawd, let that self-made be the only thing on his face.

Moment I feel like Aug and his neices is like in M/M.

AMBER P.O.V. -

As I headed home, the rain started to come down pretty badly. It was about 4 now, and I decided to pick up Aug and the girls something to eat. I stopped by this place called Rosa’s, and got two pizzas, one pepperoni, one sausage and some hot wings.

Aug shot me a text telling me him and the girls were at the house watching movies, since the rain thwarted their swim plans.  I told him to tell them, they’d have tomorrow. And if not, when we got back.

The rain never eased up as I headed back home. It actually got worse. The thunder and lightning, continuously  letting its presence known in the sky.  I parked my car in my garage, which was attached to my house and went in. I sat the food on the kitchen counter and went to see where everyone was. Aug was laid on the couch, and the girls were cuddled up under him watching Dr. Dolittle.

“Auntie Amber.” Kay got up and rushed to me. “Hey you.” I gave her a huge smile, hugged her and kissed her forehead.

Noonie and Chay got up and hugged me too.

“You guys hungry?” They all shook their heads profusely.

“I got some Pizza and Wings. Go wash your hands in the kitchen sink. Chay you might have to help Kay, the sink is a little high.”

“Okay.” She nodded and they all ran off.

“I told y’all about that running.” Aug sat up, looking in their direction.

“Sorry Uncle Aug.” They all said in unison from the kitchen.

“Sorry about that babe. I told them no running in the house.”

“It’s ok. You can go help them. I gotta get some other bags out the car.” I was about to walk off.

 “Babe.” Aug pushed me down on his lap.

“We gotta finish what we started earlier.” He smirked, wrapping his arms around me and kissing my neck.

“Not while your nieces are here. That’s rude.” I said with no particular expression, unwrapping his arms from around me and getting up.

He stood up, and pulled his shirt down.

 “What’s wrong?” He looked at me concerned.

“Auntie Amber can we get it?” Noonie called out.

“Your Uncle’s gonna be in there.”

“Okay.” She responded.

“Nothing. Go help them with the pizza. I’ll be back.” I went to the car to get my Target bags. I opened the car door, and just sat in the backseat for a moment with my head in my palms.

If I said what my mother told me earlier didn’t bother me, I would be lying. It did.

I’ve seen enough police reports in my life-time to know what a real one looks like. I looked at them in files all day. That police report was real.