Chapter 35

***Tanya in M/M ****

Also, y'all gon leave my Amber alone lol. She don't know what August has in-stored for her. She's just going off of what she feels. lol. Y'all went straight for her jugglar. Calm down Alsina Honeys lol.

AMBER P.O.V. –

I was drained after everything that happened last night. I had intended to go to church, but I couldn’t even muster the strength to get out of bed.

Instead, I slept in till about 1pm. And woke up and caught Bishop T.D. Jakes on The Word Network.  

After the sermon went off, I took a shower then went downstairs to cook me something to eat. I opted for something simple - tacos.

As I started cooking, I heard my front door open. Of course it was none other than…

“Babe.” He called out. “Baby, where you at?”

I rolled my eyes and just kept cooking.

“I was calling you baby.” He said as he walked in the kitchen.

I just put the taco shells in the oven and went to stirring the meat on the stove.

He came behind me putting his arms around my waist and resting his chin on my shoulder.

“We having tacos for dinner?”

I am.” I removed myself from his grasp.

“What you mean you are?”

“I’m cooking for me. I don’t know what you’re gonna eat.”

“You being petty right now.”

I ignored him and turned the heat down on the stove.

“I’m sorry I didn’t call nobody yesterday. If anything you should be happy a nigga aight.”

“Don’t tell me how the fuck I should feel.” I snapped.

“You trippin’, and I ain’t got time for this shit.” He said about to leave.

“Yes, please leave.” I pointed towards the door.

He turned toward me, “You upset because I ain’t tell you why I’m working extra hours? I’m a grown ass man. I don’t have to report to you my every fucking move.”

“You right. And with that you can go.” I put the ingredients on the counter back in my fridge.

He took off his snap-back and scratched his head. “Amber, you testing my patience. I’m really trying, but you gon make me go there.”

“I’m not scared of you August. Say what you have to say, do what you have to do. Just do it on the otherside of my door.”

I saw him bite his lip and restrain his hands. He was about to grab his key to my house, but I took it.

“You taking your key back from me now?”

He looked at me.

“Yes. If you can’t be honest with me, you don’t deserve to just walk up in my house. I don’t know why you’re working late. Somebody could be after you for all I know.”

“So basically you saying, you don’t trust me?”

“No I don’t. You say you’re not behind on bills.”

“Which I already told your ass, I’m not.”

“Okay what could be so important to you, that you out here looking like a zombie from the walking dead?”