Chapter 40

****I’m dividing this chapter in parts guys. This is the first part. Stevie Wonder and Amb’s dress, shoes, and banquet hall in m/m. Love you all from the bottom of my heart. XOXO****

AMBER P.O.V. -

“I got somebody I want you to meet.” Tanya met me at the door.

“What do you have on?” I looked her up and down. She had on a formal red one shoulder long dress that hugged her fit frame. The slit up the right side showed off her perfectly toned legs.

“Don’t worry about that. I want you to meet somebody.” She grabbed my hand.

I snatched it back. “Did you plan me a surprise party? Tanya, you know I hate surprises.”

 “It’s not a surprise. I promise.”

“Don’t do that to me Tanya. You know I hate being caught off guard.”

“Would you just come on?”

She took my hand and pulled me down a long carpeted hallway that led to a door at the other end.

As soon as she opened the door, there was a big yell of “Happy Birthday.”

I held my mouth in surprise looking at everybody all dressed up and the beautiful table that was decorated for me.

Stacy had on short blue open back dress with spaghetti straps and Cha had on a long green dress which wrapped around the neck and had a key hole opening at the chest.

The girls looked so beautiful in their princess outfits, as they held up a sign they made that read “Welcome to the Soul Ball.”

 “Happy Birthday Auntie Amb.” The girls jumped up and down with excitement and bright smiles.

“Oh my God. Thank you guys.” Shocked I went to each person and hugged and kissed them.

“Happy Birthday Babygirl.” Durrell said entering with my mother in a white and black Tuxedo. He kissed my cheek.

"Happy Birthday sugah." My mother hugged and kissed me.

Durrell went to the keyboard that was in the far corner.

“Mama you remember you and daddy favorite song?” Durrell asked my mother. 

“Yeah. You and I.” She said with a faint smile.

He started to play and Stevie Wonder’s You and I.

We gathered around the piano to hear Durrell play. My mother started to cry, and I cried thinking about the happy times when I would watch my dad play and sing that song to my mom.

“Ugh….y'all stop.” Stacy said tearing up. “I just got my make up right.”

“I know!” Tanya said handing us all tissue. We wiped our eyes as Durrell sang.  

 Here we are on earth together,

It's you and I,

God has made us fall in love, it's true,

I've really found someone like you

Will it say the love you feel for me, will it say,

That you will be by my side

To see me through,

Until my life is through

“I wish Aug was here.” I sighed.

I saw the girls giggle and I turned around and gasped. August was standing behind me in a ridiculous prince outfit. Everybody laughed, except my mother who tried to plaster on a fake smile.