Chapter 16

**** I must thank my home-girl Ken for making my new cover. Thank you darling. And my Toys R Us inspiration is in the M/M.****

AMBER P.O.V. –

Noonie what that is?” August walked over to her looking at the box she held in her hand.

“Easy bake oven.” She lifted it up to show him.

“Why you want this?” He picked up the box and furrowed his eyebrows.

“Cause I wanna bake cookies and stuff.”

“You don’t need that Noonie.” He put it back on the shelf.

“Uh-huh.” She grabbed it back off the shelf.

“Let her get it if she wants it August.” I continued helping Kay find this doll she was so adamant about getting.

“Nobody asked you. This between me and my niece ain’t that right Noonie?” He put up his hand for her to high-five him.

“I agree with Ms. Amber. If I want it, I can get it.” She giggled then ran up to me, leaving her uncle hanging.

I rubbed her head and pulled her into a hug.

“Fine, I’mma leave you on the doorstep and lock you out.”

“Noooo Uncle Aug.” She ran back over to him and grabbed his waist.

“Naw we done Noon.” He put his hands up not hugging her.

“No!” She screamed really loud.

“Noon you too loud.” He laughed then hugged her.

“Where Chay at?” He asked her.

“Down there looking for a Karoke machine. Want me to go get her?”

“Yeah. Don’t get lost. Y’all come back over here.”

“Okay.” Noonie ran off to find her sister.

“Kay.” August called out walking over to us.

“Huh?” Kay said holding my hand as we scanned the shelves looking for the doll she wanted.

“I thought I was your best-friend.”

“You are.”

“Then why you leave me for Amber?” Aug folded his arms and pouted with his lip out.

“I didn’t leave you, she’s helping me find the Frozen Doll. I think it’s down here Ms. Amber.” She pulled me.

“Amber I don’t appreciate you turning my family against me.” He leaned against the shelf scrolling through his phone.

“August, shut up.”

“Kay you supposed to ask me for what you need. Not Amber.”

 “You don’t know about toys Uncle Aug.”

“She don’t either.” He protested.

“Mm-hmm.” She shook her head, and pulled me into another aisle. We left Aug behind.

 “Is this it?” I picked up what I thought to be the doll she was talking about.

“Unh-unh The Frozen doll I want has a blue dress.”

As we were scanning the shelves, I felt something hit my back.

I looked around but didn’t see anything but a small green nerf ball that landed at my feet.