Chapter 11

***Amber's Mom in the M/M****

AMBER P.O.V.-

I sat up, rubbed my eyes and looked over at the clock. It was 12 in the afternoon, and I had never slept in this long on a Saturday. I either was up working or running errands. I was just a morning person in that way, I could never sleep in. Even if I tried.

 “Where you going baby?” August groggily asked, lifting his head from my chest. He had his left arm around my waist.

“I need to work on these briefs. But you can sleep for as long as you want too. I know you’re tired.” I rubbed his head.

“Aight.” He turned over and went back to sleep.

I went to my washroom, took a shower and did my regular hygiene routine. I tried to be as quiet as possible not waking August, as I got dressed in some leggings and a sweatshirt.

If you wondering whether me and Aug slept together last night, the answer is…NO!

After the hot air balloon ride, we just came back to my house, ordered pizza, watch movies and chilled.

I knew he was tired from studying and being at the hospital the previous night, on top of waking up super early to surprise me. So, I told him he could stay the night, which he was grateful for because he said sleeping on the let-out couch was starting to hurt his back. If you re-called previously he gave his bed to his nieces and their mom.

I went downstairs got my laptop and files, and went in my living room. I curled up on my couch, Indian style with my computer on my lap, and started catching up on the work I missed yesterday.

My work was interrupted by the door bell ringing. I sighed annoyed, wondering who this could possibly be and went to get the door.

“Mama.” I was surprised to see her. She kissed my cheek as she walked in. “You don’t look too happy to see me.”

“No, it’s just, you usually call first.”

“Yeah well, I was in the mall up there looking for a dress for tomorrow. We’re having a program at church, and said I might as well swing by.”

I looked up at the top of my stairs hoping August didn’t come down while she was here. My mother was extremely judgmental. I knew me dating him would not sit well with her.

“What you looking at?” She noticed me and looked at the top of my stairs.

“Oh nothing.” I coughed. “You can go sit in the living room. I’ll be there in a second.”

“Okay.”

She went in the living room and I rushed upstairs to my bedroom. Making sure to close the door softly behind me.  August was still sleep.

“Baby.” I softly tapped him on his bare shoulder. He didn’t respond.

“August.”

“What?” He said annoyed.

“My mother is downstairs. Stay up here until I come get you.”

“Why?” He turned on his back, putting his arms behind his head, and looked at me through squinted eyes.

“I just don’t feel like hearing her mouth right now.”

“Amber!” My mother called from downstairs.

“I’m coming Ma!” I said towards the door.

“Damn. Stop screaming.” He rubbed his eyes and lifted his left knee up.