Chapter 48

**** The chambers Amb speaks in and another pic of Nate in m/m.

Also the congressman Nate names are real, and the book The New Jim Crow is real. Just in case you wanted to know.

Also a quick question- Do you think I update too frequently? Should I space the udpates out and give you a chance to read, or is this fine? Sometimes I feel that I may be posting a lot and it makes some readers get behind. Either way let me know. XOXO****

AUGUST P.O.V. –

“August what channel?” Stacy asked me from the living room.

“50.”

Her, the girls, Cha, Durrell, Tanya and yes her mother had all came over so we could watch Amb on television. We were all nervous and excited.

I had cooked dinner for everybody. Tilapia fish with asparagus. We had just ate and were preparing for Amb to come on CNN.

Chef-boy-eye-Aug. My man.”  Durrell said as he finished up his food.

“The food really was good.” Mama Riley looked at me and said.

“Thank you. Glad you enjoyed it.”

Our relationship was progressively getting better ever since Amb party.

We saw a young dude; he looked about Amb age come on television with an older black man that sorta looked like him. He was talking before the press.

“I hate him. With a passion.” Tanya rolled her eyes.

“Who’se that?” I sat on the arm of couch and looked over at Tanya.

“Nate Parker. He’s this attorney Amber goes against some time. He is the epitome of arrogant.”

“Is his father the head of her department?”

“Yeah. Amb doesn’t say too much about his father, but that dude’s an ass.” She shook her head.

“Oooo she said ass.” Noonie blurted out.

“My bad y’all.” Tanya laughed.

I was debating on whether telling everybody Amb was sharing a hotel room with him. I hadn’t told anybody. I knew they would just confirm the suspicions of what I already felt. I just kept quiet about it, intently watching this nigga trying to read him.

ON TELEVISION:

“Mr. Parker you have an announcement?” A news reporter asked Nate.

“Yes, I have given much thought to this. And looking at the long line of great men from which I have emerged, specifically my grandfather the current mayor of Georgia, and my father who has been and is always by side.” He looked over at his father who gave a smile of pride.

“I am running to be the next mayor of Atlanta. "

“If he wins I’m moving.” Tanya said. “And I’m forreal.”

“Tanya is he that bad?” Mama Riley asked her skeptical.

“Yes. When his grandfather was running for governor he ran the campaign. The P.R. firm I work at was hired to do the campaign commercials. I didn’t work with him directly, but the people in my department were just saying how he was a total jerk."

“I thought you dated the man or something.” Mama Riley laughed.

“He just said his grand-daddy the governor of Georgia. All that money he got, I’d date him.” Durrell joked.