Question For My Readers - Please Read Y'all

****The question is at the bottom, but read what I have to say first.****

I must say guys the support for Chapter 23 has been a bit overwhelming. I keep re-reading to see what you guys see. Most of you guys have said that this the best chapter to date.

I don’t think you understand how important as a writer, feedback is. Votes are nice. And I appreciate each and every one. Do not get me wrong. But comments are sorta like a GPS that tells the writer, which direction to go.

I read and appreciate all the comments, even if I don’t respond to them all. You, the readers are a barometer to let me know, how I’m doing. You tell me whether I’m dropping the ball, or if something is unclear.

And I am open to all points of view. Someone told me they didn’t like cougar stories which is fine. I understand this will not be everybody’s thing.

I had one reader that asked whether Aug was like this in real life because he was a little too cry babish in this and she explained that he was laid back and not emotional, especially when it came to women.

I appreciated her point of view, and I agreed with her in regards to Aug not being emotional when it came to women. But in terms of other aspects of life, I differed on that a little bit.

I thought as a result of saying that, she was saying she hated it lol. But she didn’t hate it, she was just making an observation. And I appreciate and love her for commenting. We both came to the conclusion that Fan-fiction is not necessarily a biographical work. I’m not writing Aug’s life story even if I include elements from his life.

None of us know August (although in our heads he’s bae to us and we like to imagine that we know everything about our man. Lol.) Even some things we don’t want too. Right Sam #blessed (rolls eyes). But I digress lol.

What we do is we glean what we can from interviews, and other sources, and write who we think Aug is based upon our interpretation and the situation in our story

Basically as writer’s we take a creative license by using our imagination. That means, my Aug is not gonna be like the Aug in another book. Because I personally view Aug differently, and the situation is completely different from say, if someone wrote a book about Aug being a millionaire.

I read all types of Aug stories and I appreciate the different faces people show of him.

Okay, this is kind of going on a tangent. But I just wanted to say, as a writer, I know me personally, I appreciate all feedback if its given respectfully. That includes you challenging me, if something is unclear. You are just as necessary as the reader who says, something is great. Here’s why.

@SimplyKen_ (who also did my cover by the way.) was one of the first people I asked to read this story when I wrote it. And every since then she comments and writes her review, I would say she’s like the Roger Ebert of Wattpad. You want her to read your story, you really do.

She left a comment one day that said, “We know everybody in the story and I know the focus of the story is their relationship . But who is Amber?”

A lesser author might’ve got mad and been like, “What does she mean who is Amber?” But it instead made me think. And it let me know, that I needed to clarify who Amber was.

Ken was basically saying, We know August. We know how he’ll react in situations. That’s why when a situation arises where he might get mad, people go, Fix It Jesus lol. Here he goes.

She was saying we know, Amb’s mama. We know Omari and we even know Durrell’s trifling ass. But who is Amber? How will she react when she is pushed up against the wall?

So I thought about Ken’s comments and challenged myself to answer the question “Who is Amber?”

And I knew I had taken Ken’s criticism and tried to solve that question, when @reeseynicole21 said, “Finally! She’s a woman.” I hope to further answer the question of who Amber is, the rest of the story. But I think the picture is quite clearer.

I probably would’ve never even thought Amber was unclear until she said something.

What I’m trying to say is, my loves, even if you love the story, if its something that doesn’t connect. Let me know please. That will only make me a better writer. Help me to writer better chapters. Each and every one of you, shape this story.

I hear you when you say, “Aug needs a chill pill.” I hear you when you say, “Amber needs to stop letting people get in the way of how she feels about Aug.” I hear y’all man. And each time I write, I try to listen and incorporate what people say.

My readers, y’all are the Real MVPS lol. This not my story, this is ours. Keep commenting. Keep letting me know if I hit the mark or missed it. I come home to write almost every day, not just because I want to be a good writer. But  because I have readers that every time I get a notification make me want to write another chapter. My smiles each day begin with y'all!

Okay, now to the question?

Why do you think Chapter 23 resonated with you all so much? Why was it the best chapter in your opinion?  

P.S.- Enjoy your holiday!