Chapter 6 I want the guts and glory baby

This is side one

Flip me over

I know I'm not your favorite record

I stepped back and took in my work. After Pete had finally left after me convincing him that I was going to be fine (He's so sweet <3), I finished putting my stuff away. I realized that I also had a huge walk-in closet, but I hardly had enough clothes to fill it even a quarter of the way. And to be honest, I didn't care. I was content with what I had, and I wasn't going to complain.

I opened my door and sauntered back downstairs (only after I had to figure out where the stairs were). Once my foot hit the bottom step, something wet exploded in my face. I looked up and saw Joe standing there, laughing hysterically, holding another water balloon.

"Oh no, it's on now." I said with a smirk.

His smile faltered for a second before he quickly recovered, his hair bouncing as he ran away. It was fine, cause my plan didn't involve any violence or anything. So running wasn't needed. Yes, I already had my plan together.

"What are you smiling about, and why are you soaking?" I turned and saw Andy walking into the room with a bottle of water, his chest drenched in sweat.

"Joe." I stated simply. His mouth formed an 'o' as he sat down on the couch. "Where's Patrick?" I asked.

"Probably in the studio." He said, taking a sip from his water. Just then, Patrick walked in. "Or right there."

Patrick walked up to me with a determined look on his face. "I'm taking you shopping."

"Okay?" I said.

"Hey, can I come?" Pete asked.

"No." Patrick said. Pete pouted and gave Patrick puppy eyes.

"Please, Trick?"

Patrick rolled his eyes but gave a small smile. "As long as it's fine with Raven."

I shrugged. "I'm fine with it, just as long as Joe doesn't tag along."

Patrick eyed me. "What did Joe do this time?"

I explained the whole thing and my plan once we got in the car. Both Pete and Patrick approved of my plan, and I must say, I found it rather genius. I leaned forward. "Can we put some music on?"

"Sure, what do you want?" Patrick asked from the driver's seat.

"I don't care as long as its that preppy crap." (A/N No music hate, guys. that was for the sake of the story) I said, leaning back in my seat again.

"Pete, can you grab a CD from the glovebox?" Patrick asked, being the responsible driver he is.

Pete nodded and picked a CD, careful not to reveal the cover to me. When he put it in, I recognized the G-note immediately.

"Damn you, Pete!" I cried.

"Language!" Patrick scolded.

Pete just laughed as the song continued.

When I was a young boy

My father took me into the city

To see a marching band

I sang along with the lyrics throughout the rest of the song. But I sang the hardest and loudest when the bridge came along.

Take a look at me,

Cause I could not care at all!

Do or die, You'll never make me

Because the world, will never take my heart

You can try, you'll never break me

We want it all, we wanna play this part

Won't explain, or say I'm sorry

I'm unashamed, I'm gonna show my scars

Give a cheer for all the broken

Listen here, because it's who we are

That part had always gotten me, and to be honest, I don't know why. Of all the part in the whole song, that's the one that always got me the most emotional. I quickly wiped away a tear that I hoped to God that nobody saw.

"I told you she was good." Pete said to Patrick.

" Pete said to Patrick