Chapter 27 Off the Table Yet

I think pain is waiting alone at the corner
Tryna get myself back home, yeah
Looking like everybody
Knowing everybody lost somebody

Raven's POV

Later that day, Izzy and I were sitting on my bed in my room, talking like normal. It was almost as if nothing had changed between us. And of course, I found that amazing. I always figured that even if two people were pursuing a relationship, then it would be best for the two of them to still act like best friends, not just lovers. So this was really important to me.

It had fallen silent between the two of us, and Izzy had resulted to staring at my bedsheet.

"Is everything okay?" I asked her quietly, afraid that I had done something wrong and she was angry.

I watched her take a deep breath, and I prepared myself for the worst. "I haven't told you something."

I felt my heart drop down to my feet. "You're in a relationship, aren't you? I knew it. I just kne-"

"No!" She said, giving me a hug. "No, that's not it. I promise you." She released my confused self from the hug, and looked at me. "It's that...well...I'm bi."

I couldn't help but laugh, which caused her to give me a confused glare. I quickly recovered and gave an awkward cough. "That's what you had to tell me?"

"Yes?" She said as though it were a question.

I hugged her. "You don't have to be ashamed of that. I'm bi too. So don't worry."

She hugged me tighter. "Okay."

Just then, I heard the door open, which caused both Izzy and I to release the hug. I looked over and saw Pete standing in the doorway, looking at the two of us with a smile on his face. "Did I walk in on something?" Izzy and I looked at each other and laughed.

"Sort of." I said, still looking at her.

Pete nodded, a smile still on his face. "Alright. I'll just come back later."

After the door closed, I took a deep breath. "Izzy, can I ask you something?" She nodded, signaling that I could. "Do you want to be my girlfriend? I mean, if you don't want to, that's fine, but-"

"A million times, yes." She said to me, looking at me with a smile.

~*~

Izzy and I walked down the stairs hand in hand, about to tell my dad about us. When we got downstairs, everybody was sitting down on the sofas talking. I coughed, a universal signal that I wanted their attention. They all looked up at me, Patrick's eyes flicking to our intertwined hands briefly, his eyes widening and then a small smile formed on his face.

"So, I just wanted to let you guys know that Izzy and I are officially a couple." I said with a smile.

Pete jumped up off the sofa and pointed at Joe. "You owe me fifty dollars!"

I gave them a confused look. "Did you guys seriously bet on us?"

Joe rolled his eyes as he pulled out his wallet and slapped a fifty dollar bill in a very satisfied Pete's hand. "It was more of a wager."

"That's the same thing." I said.

"No. One sounds fancier than the other." Joe said matter of factly.

I rolled my eyes. I heard a phone ring, quickly recognizing it as Izzy's. She gave me an apologetic look as she left the room and answered it. I watched her leave with worry, terrified of what might happen if she went home.

I felt a pair of arms wrap around me. I turned around and saw Patrick standing there, hugging me. I hugged him back, putting my head in his chest.

"I'm so happy for you." He said to me, happiness in his voice.

"Thanks, Dad." I said, my voice muffled into his shirt. I heard his phone go off as well, causing him to groan. He let go, leaving me alone for a second as he answered the phone.

"I knew I walked into something between you two." Pete said with a smirk. I rolled my eyes, plopping down on the sofa between Andy and Pete.

"Whatever." I said, unable to contain my smile.

"Uh." I heard Izzy say. My head snapped up, looking at Izzy in the doorway. "I have to go home. My parent's don't want any of you to give me a ride home. They said that they will be watching cuz they can track my phone. So, I'll just walk."

I got up and hugged her. "Okay. Please be safe."

She hugged me back. "I will."

After that, I watched her leave.

~*~

I was in my room on my phone, the time saying 11 at night. I was never able to sleep and tonight wasn't an exception. Tonight, I found myself playing Angry Birds through the night. I had almost defeated the level when I started getting a call. 

"NO!" I yelled at my phone. It was then that I saw the contact. It was the police. I quickly answered it. "Hello?"

"Hello, is this Raven Stump?" The voice from the other side of the phone said.

"Yes, this is. What's this about?" I asked.

"Raven, it's Isabella. She's dead."

A/N

Hello, my lovelies! Tragedy, tragedy! Lol, oh well. I love it. I hope you do too! Let me know what you think down below with a comment and vote down below! Don't forget about my fanfic contest! Visit my page for details!

Love from the other side of the screen,

Pebbs xx