Chapter 13 We love a lot

The way she feels inside is too much for her
When all you got is these four walls
It's not that hard to feel so small
Or even exist at all

Raven's POV

I ran through the dark, trying to find an escape. The man chasing me taunted, laughing at me.

"Tut, tut. I thought you were smarter than running, my little Leo."

What did he just say? He called me his little Leo. But whatever pet names he has for me were the least of my worries. I needed to keep running, or else he was going to kill me. So I kept running, running until I ran into something hard. I looked up and saw a man with deep, pitted scars on his face. He smiled evilly at me.

"Hello, Leo."

He raised his knife and brought it down-

"RAVEN, RAVEN WAKE UP!"

I sat straight up with a scream, my heart pounding in my chest at a deathly rate. I looked around and saw all the guys in my room, Patrick sitting on my bed, Pete behind him, Joe and Andy in the doorway. They all looked concerned.

"What happened?" I asked, rubbing my forehead, mostly because I now had a horrific migraine.

Patrick pretty much did the same. "You were screaming bloody murder. You kept saying something like, 'Go away, I'm not your Leo' or something like that." He looked up at me. "What were you dreaming about?"

I shrugged. "I don't remember." I lied. I actually remembered it all too well. Because those dreams happened all too often, and in each dream, the man kept calling me his Leo. I mean, my sign is Leo, so there really isn't any surprise there. (A/N I'm not actually a Leo, I'm a Gemini. so if I get this wrong about being a Leo, I'm sorry. now stop judging XD ).

Patrick nodded before giving me a single last, worried look. He got up to leave, but before he could, I called out to him. "Dad?" He turned around with a small smile.

"Yeah?"

"Can you stay with me?" I asked nervously.

He smiled wider. "Of course." He walked over to my bed and laid on top of the covers next to me, and I snuggled close to his chest, feeling his warmth. He kissed my forehead. "Goodnight, sweetie."

I smiled. "Night, Dad."

*time skip to morning*

I woke up with a small tickle on my nose.

Don't sneeze, don't sneeze.

Achoo!

I sat up and saw Joe and Pete standing over me with a feather, laughing as they tickled my nose with the feather, now moving on to Patrick. I rolled my eyes at their immaturity, which now woke Patrick up with a sneeze. He sat up, giving Joe and Pete death glares.

"Time to rise and shine, sleepyheads." Joe said, sauntering out of my room. Once he left, I looked at Patrick.

"Can I do the prank now?" I asked.

Patrick looked at me and nodded with a small smirk. "Let's do this."

We threw the covers off and ran to Joe's bathroom. Pete kept Joe busy as Patrick and I grabbed a small bottle of hair dye. We took Joe's leave-in shampoo and dumped it down the drain, then replaced it with the hair dye. When we were done, we replaced it back where we found it.

We both walked down the stairs innocently. When we got down there, I sat down at the kitchen counter. "What's for breakfast?"

Patrick walked over to the pantry and opened it. He pulled out pancake mix. "How do pancakes sound?"

"Awesome!" I said enthusiastically.

Joe walked up and sat next to me. I scrunched my nose playfully. "What's wrong, little one?" He asked with a smile.

"You stink. Can you go shower or something?" I asked, pushing me away from me.

Joe looked offended. "I do not!"

Patrick turned around from making the pancakes. "Yeah, you sort of do stink."

Joe huffed as he stood up. He then turned around and glared at me. "I'm only showering for him. You'll get it."

When he left, Patrick and I laughed. Pete then walked in and leaned against the counter. "Whatcha making, Trick?"

Patrick turned around with a large plate of pancakes. "Pancakes."

Pete sat down on a stool quickly. "I'm ready."

I moved the plate of pancakes towards me and glared protectively. "Nobody said you were getting any."

Patrick laughed. "Yeah. I didn't say I made any for you." He sassed.

Pete stuck his tongue out and reached over me, grabbing a pancake and take a huge bite. "Ha." He said with his mouth full.

"Ew." I said, looking away.

We all looked away when we heard Joe scream. He ran into the kitchen with a robe on and a towel covering his hair. "Who wants to explain?" He yelled.

"Explain what?" Patrick asked.

Joe ripped off his towel, revealing a full head of bright pink hair. We all started laughing, and just then Andy walked in. When he saw Joe's hair, he just smiled wide and walked up to him. He patted Joe's hair. Joe ended up bursting out laughing also, shaking his head.

"Whoever did this was clever. Well done. But too bad your plan didn't work." He said.

"What?!" Patrick and I exclaimed.

"Yeah, I actually am gonna rock this hair." Joe said, flipping his fro before leaving.

We all looked at each other and shook our heads, laughing still. I turned my attention back to my food, but as soon as I took a bite, I had to run to the bathroom and puke it all up. Patrick and Pete followed me. I felt a hand on my back, rubbing small circles on my back.

"You okay?" Pete asked. I nodded my head. But at this point in time, I felt so horrible that I just wanted to curl up in a ball and cry.

A/N

Welcome, my Youngbloods! Almost 250 reads? Y'all are amazing :). It's been fabulous making this book for you guys! Buuuuuuuuuttttttttt, I still need new characters. Which means y'all need to A) message me through Wattpad or B) post on my page with the necessary information, which was provided in a previous chapter. (now closed) Anyways, thanks for the reads!

Love from the other side of the screen,

Pebbs xx