Chapter 8 But we are alive

A/N

So, I've been thinking, dear readers. I think I've been slightly too kind to my characters. So, some stuff is gonna go down in these next few chapters. So don't get upset with me, pls.

Never did I think I'd be coming back around

Digging up old memories

Always used to be the one to let it go

Kept my fears in a suitcase

I locked them all away

In a place I wouldn't find

They still haunt me

I think about it every now and again

Patrick's POV

I saw Raven's face light up when she saw the phone. I picked it out just for her. It was a dark grey color, which I found out was her favorite color. But just as fast as her face lit up, it just as fast went down.  She said she couldn't take it. So I came up with the first thing that I could think of to say to convince her to keep it.

"Well, you're gonna have to keep it. Cause I can't return it."

Her face contorted as she thought about it. "Fine. But just know I can't pay you back."

My eyes widened. "No, no! I don't want you to pay me back! That was a gift! And besides, you need one so I can keep in contact with you."

She sighed in defeat. "Fine."

I took a piece of pizza and started to eat it when I realized that there was only one piece taken out of it. I looked at Raven's plate and saw a horribly torn up piece of pizza. She literally didn't even take a bite out of it. I decided that I would have to bring that up soon.

After Pete and I finished and Raven finished picking at her pizza, we decided to get up and start going to the car. Pete and Raven were talking about something, and I didn't want to be rude, so I didn't come into the conversation. I only looked over just in time to see Raven's knees buckle, her frail and small body hitting the concrete of the parking lot.

"Raven!" I shouted, rushing over to her.

She waved me away. "I'm fine, I'm fine." She had a bleeding nose, with the blood streaming down her face. I also noticed the small red dots that were spread over her arms.

Pete and I looked each other. "Patrick, I don't think she's fine. She's burning up. We need to take her to the doctor."

I nodded my head as I picked her up bridal style and put her in the back seat of the car, her head in my lap as Pete climbed in the driver's seat and drove off.

"Patrick, I don't want to go." She said. Her forehead was drenched in sweat and I held her head gently, stroking her black hair.

"I know honey, but somethings not right." She just nodded weakly.

We finally got to the hospital and I climbed out, Raven in my arms. Pete opened the door and I hurried in. We walked up to the check-in. "Um, my daughter. I don't know what's wrong with her." I stuttered out.

"Well, can you explain what happened?" She asked.

"W-well, s-she-" I started, but was interrupted by Pete.

"We were talking and then she just collapsed. She got a bloody nose and I noticed the red dots on her arms. She also was burning up." He said.

The nurse quickly called up several doctors, who then rolled Raven away after putting her in a wheelchair. I collapsed in a chair.

**5 hours later**

I was aroused from a light sleep from someone shaking me. I opened my eyes and saw Pete standing there. "Wake up, Trick. The doctors here, says he has news."

I sat up quickly, rubbing the sleep from my eyes. "What's wrong with her?"

The young doctor looked at his clipboard and then looked up at us. "I really don't like doing this."

"Like what?" Pete asked, rather harshly.

"Being the bearer of bad news. You see, you're daughter has stage 3 leukemia." He said.

My mind went blank, processing what was just said. "What?" I asked.

"Raven has cancer, Mr. Stump."

A/N

Hello, dear readers! I told you so, lol. Thank you so much for the reads! Means a lot to me! i did some research for this chapter, but if there's something wrong with it, please don't say anything. I've never had cancer, so I don't know. But don't forget to comment and vote!

Love from the other side of the screen,

Pebbs xx