Chapter 30 And Losing You

Now shut your dirty mouth
If I could burn this town
I wouldn't hesitate to smile while you suffocate and die

Raven's POV

I gripped the handles of my backpack until my knuckles turned white, walking into the crowded school. Most of the people I walked past stopped and stared at me, pity on their face, causing me to grip my backpack harder. I hated the pity, and it brought tears to my face and rage to my chest.

I walked straight to a table outside the school by a wall, a tree looking over it, providing shade from the September air. Putting my hands over my face, I took deep breaths, letting the cool air rush down my nostrils. The cool air felt good against my flushed face, providing the necessary relief for my fever that I couldn't seem to sweat out. 

Looking up, I saw two boys with their backs towards me, both of them wearing school basketball jerseys. I heard them laughing and pushing something. Narrowing my eyes, I looked closer to see what they were pushing, just to see a girl being pushed around by the boys. Anger swelled in my chest as I watched the scene, remembering how Izzy and I met. Standing up and pulling my beanie down further to hide the fact that I was bald, I marched over to the scene, pulling the shoulder of one of the boys, tugging him towards me.

"Hey! Knock it off!" I yelled at them angrily, clenching my fists by my side.

The boy looked at me, his bright blue eyes looking back at me. He brandished a small smile that gave an evil feel. He backed away slowly, pulling his friend with him. "Alright. You can have her." He said with a laugh. He turned away, laughing with his friend as they walked away.

I turned back to the girl, who looked like a female version of Lindsey Way with brown hair and eyes. She wore a tattered Nirvana shirt with a pair of leggings under her shorts, with a pair of combat boots. "Hey." I said to her quietly.

"Hey." She said back. I looked at her curiously for a moment, and during that moment, nobody spoke. "Thank you." She finally said.

I cocked my head in confusion. "For what?"

"Getting rid of them." She said, looking down at her feet. "They do that every day."

"What's your name?" I asked her.

Her head shot up, her eyes wide with excitement and life. "Kayle. I'm a junior."

I extended my hand out to her. "Raven, sophomore."

"Kayle!" I heard coming from behind her. "Where are they? Imma beat them."

From behind her came another girl with blonde hair, grey eyes, and glasses. "That's Max. She's non-binary, but born female. Call her whatever she prefers." Said Kayle. She turned her attention to Max. "It's alright. They're gone, Raven kicked their butts for you." She said with a wink.

Max turned their attention to me, narrowing their eyes at me. "Hmm. Who are you?"

I extended my hand to Max. "Raven Stump, at your service."

Max's eyes widened. "Like Patrick Stump?"

I rolled my eyes with a laugh. "Why does everybody ask that?"

"Cause only the most attractive, talented man in the world bears that name, and you just so happen to bear it as well?" Max said enthusiatically.

"Well in that case, I'm sure my dad would thank you for those compliments."

Max and Kayle looked at each other with their mouths falling to the floor for a second before having a complete fangirl meltdown and bombarding me with questions.

"When's MANIA coming out?"

"What's Pete like?"

"Does Andy really have a high voice?"

"Is Patrick as beautiful as he is in pictures?"

"Does Joe have fluffy hair?"

"Do you go on tour?"

I shook my head with all the questions, letting out a laugh. "One question at a time."  I said as we walked up to the table I was sitting at.

"When does MANIA come out?" Max asked me.

I shrugged. "I've asked, but they don't tell me."

"How do tours work?" Kayle asked.

"Don't know. I haven't been on one."

"Huh." She said. "Are you gonna go with them for the MANIA tour?"

"I think so?" I said, my tone more of a question than an answer.

Max and Kayle squealed with excitement. "Can we come?" They asked at the same time.

I laughed at the question. "I can always ask."

They went into full-on fangirl mode again, complete with a couple of tears. "Best day ever." Kayle said, which Max agreed with by nodding their head furiously, their glasses bobbing up and down with their head.

I laughed, letting my guard down for a second. It felt good to laugh once in a while. And for a moment, I forgot the ache and hole that Izzy's death had left in me. It still hurt, but for a moment, all I focused on was my new friends.

The bell rang, and all three of us got up and walked down the halls of the school together, talking and laughing like old friends.

A/N

Hello, my lovelies! Here is my *drum roll* 30TH CHAPTERRRRRR!!! I'm super pumped about posting this, so I made it a bit happier and introduced some new characters! I really hope y'all enjoy this! Let me know what you think down below with a comment and vote!

Love from the other side of the screen,

Pebbs xx