Chapter 22 So Put the "D" In Dirt Now Baby

Tie a noose around your mind
Loose enough to breath fine and tie it
To a tree tell it, you belong to me, this ain't a noose
This is a leash and I have news for you
You must obey me

Raven's POV

Suddenly, I felt extremely weak. My legs practically turned into jelly and I had to hold onto the counter to support me. Patrick worriedly looked at me.

"You okay, Raven?" He asked.

I nodded as I made my way to the couch, plopping on it. "Yeah, yeah. I'm fine, just got really tired all of a sudden."

Patrick sat next to me on the couch, holding me in a side hug. Pete picked up his phone and typed something in, the looked at Patrick. "Is she fevered?"

Patrick held his hand against my forehead and nodded. "Yeah, but I don't think it's extremely high."

Pete nodded. "It's the leukemia."

Izzy gave me a confused look. "What is he talking about?"

I sighed and threw my head back on the headrest. "I have stage three leukemia. I'm starting chemo on Friday."

Izzy seemed taken aback for a second before recovering and sitting next to me and then giving me a hug. "Why didn't you tell me?"

"I don't know." I shrugged. "Scared, I guess."

"Scared of what?"

I shrugged again. "That you would only hang around because of the leukemia."

Izzy smiled at me. "I wouldn't do that."

I smiled back. "Thanks."

"No problem." She said, leaning back on the sofa. "Can we watch a movie?"

Patrick smiled and looked at Izzy. "Sure. What do you want?"

Izzy smiled back. "Surprise me."

Pete and Patrick looked at each other and smiled. They both got up from their seats and ran to the movie cabinet. While they were fighting over movies, I leaned into Izzy's ear. "I wonder what movie they're gonna pick?"

She shrugged, a smile tugging at her lips. "I don't know. I'm curious to see what it is."

I laughed. "We both know that they won't be able to agree on one."

"That is so true!" She laughed.

We both turned our heads when we heard Patrick. "Pete! They're children!"

"But they're teenage girls. What teenage girl doesn't like Magic Mike?" Pete said back.

"Why do you even have Magic Mike in my house?" Patrick asked.

Pete looked taken aback. "Because Magic Mike is an amazing movie. That's why."

Patrick shook his head. "We aren't watching that."

"Well, we sure as hell aren't watching Ghostbusters again." Pete said, narrowing his eyes and putting his hands on his hips.

"Um, this is my house. I can watch whatever I want." Patrick sassed.

Izzy and I looked at each other and laughed. I stood up. "I'll choose the movie, how about that?"

Pete and Patrick looked at me before nodding. "Alright. Let's see what you choose." Patrick said.

I walked over and bent over in front of the cabinet, looking over all of the choices. After a few seconds, I saw my favorite movie and pulled it out, hiding it from view. "I have one!" I said loudly.

Pete put his hands on his hips. "Alright, what is it?"

"After much thought, I decided upon this." I put the movie in the DVD player and sat on the sofa. A minute later, the screen came up for Pride and Prejudice. Pete groaned.

"Are you serious? A chick flick?" He said, looking at me with mock disgust.

I gave him a look and stuck out my tongue, wrapping a blanket around me and curling up in the sofa. "It's a beautiful movie."

"Yeah, true love. Nothing beats that." Patrick said, sitting down next to Izzy and I.

"Joe, Andy! We're watching Pride and Prejudice! You wanna come in here and watch it with?!" Pete yelled.

I heard footsteps coming from other parts of the house, showing that they were coming. Andy came in, sitting directly next to me, and Joe sat next to Pete.  "Awesome." Joe said as he sat down.

Pete gave Joe a distasteful look. "Are you kidding? You guys are down for a romance?"

Andy shrugged. "Why not?"

"Shush! It's starting!" I said to them. Pete crossed his arms and pouted while Izzy and I held in our laughter.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The credits rolled on the screen, showing that the movie was over. I stretched out. "See, that wasn't bad was it-" I looked over and saw Pete with red, puffy eyes. I smiled. "Are you crying?"

Pete quickly looked away and wiped at his eyes. "No."

"Yes, you are." I said teasingly.

Pete threw his hands in the air. "Alright. It was a good movie, okay?"

I threw my hand in the air in triumph. "Yes!"

Pete put his head in his hands and the rest of the guys laughed. "I must agree with Pete, that was a good movie." Izzy said.

Pete groaned, but had a smile on his face, nonetheless. "I'm never gonna live this one down, am I?"

"Nope," Patrick said, getting up. "I'm getting ice cream, does anyone else want any?"

I rose my hand. "Me!" I said quickly.

Patrick smiled. "What kind?"

"What do you have?"

He walked over to the freezer and opened it, looking. "Um, rocky road, mint, cookie dough and  french vanilla."

"Vanilla!" Izzy and I answered at the same time. We looked at each other and laughed, and Patrick shook his head and laughed a bit, grabbing the ice cream.

Patrick brought the ice cream over to Izzy and me, giving it to us. I smiled as he sat down next to me, and I leaned over and kissed him on the cheek. "Thanks, Daddy."

Patrick smiled and then stole a bite of my ice cream. "Thank you, too."

I gave him a mock offended look. "Hey! You have your own!"

"Yeah, but it's not as good as yours." He said back.

"It's literally the same flavor." I said, unamused.

Patrick gave me a smile and hugged me. "I love you."

I groaned before smiling. "I love you too, Dad."

A/N

Hello, Youngbloods! It's been a while, hasn't it? But...OVER 1000 READS I'M DANCING, HOLY SHIT I LOVE YOU GUYS SO MUCH. It really means a lot, guys. It's crazy to think that this has come this far.

Drop a comment and vote down below, let me know what you guys think!

Love from the other side of the screen,

Pebbs xx