Chapter 26 But Don't Take Love

I could take the high road
But I know that I'm going low

Raven's POV

As I got out of the car, I was almost immediately greeted by Izzy, who quickly ran up and hugged me. I laughed, hugging her back. "Hey, Iz." I said, my voice traced with laughter.

"I miiisseeddd you." she said, still hugging me.

"You literally just saw me yesterday." I said, laughing again.

"I know." She said, laughing now. She finally released me, her eyes widening as they settled on my now bald head. "Woah."

I struck a funny pose, putting my hand on my hip. "Do you like it?" I asked, now doing exaggerated duck lips.

She kept her eyes on my head, rubbing her hand over the soft skin. "It's soft."

We both laughed, only stopping when our sides hurt too much. When we finally recovered, we looked at each other, and for a moment, it was almost as though we were the only people in the world. There was something in the air, like electricity. I blinked, and we both looked away, a blush creeping up my neck.

I rubbed a hand over my head, the blush still there. "Yeah, it's pretty soft."

Izzy looked at the ground, her eyes not meeting mine. "So did you have any other surprise for me besides you chopping all your hair off?"

I stood there for a moment. A thousand things ran through my head all at once, the main one being the question of why I've been ignoring my feelings towards Izzy. Almost immediately, I felt something between us. I'm happier when I'm with her. This feeling can't just be me. 

I took a deep breath and closed my eyes. "Izzy, I really have something to tell you."

Izzy's face automatically transitioned to worried. "Did I do something?"

My eyes widened. "No, no! You did nothing wrong! I swear!"

She relaxed. "Oh, okay. Continue, I guess."

Again, I took a deep breath. I can do this. "Look, Izz. I'm not gonna hide it anymore, and I'm just gonna say it outright." I closed my eyes, trying to calm my shaking hands. "I really like you. A LOT. I've felt this way for a really long time, and I just didn't know how to tell you. I'm just worried that me telling you this will ruin our friendship."

I opened my eyes and saw Izzy smiling at me. A part of me shriveled because I was worried that she was smiling out of pity  because she didn't feel the same. She surged forward and hugged me, which caught me off guard. I stood there for a second, shocked, before hugging her back. "That means so much to me, Raven. I feel the same way."

I released her from the hug, looking at her with a smile on my face, shock evident on my face. "Really?!"

Izzy laughed, nodding her head furiously. "Yes!"

I put a hand over my mouth, tears springing to my eyes. Izzy hugged me again, and this time I held her close. "This has to be one of the happiest days of my life." I whispered in her ear, a tear sliding down my cheek. I felt her laugh, and just then, the bell rang. We released our hug, a dumb smile on my face. She held her hand out, and I took it, our fingers intertwining, sending a shock up my hand. I looked at her and leaned in, giving her a kiss on the cheek. She smiled, as did I, as we walked together, hand in hand to class.

A/N

That's all I'm gonna do for this chapter. You're welcome. I hope y'all like it! Don't be silent readers! Let me know what you think with a comment and vote down below!

Love from the other side of the screen,

Pebbs xx