Chapter 11 Cause tonight it's just fire alarms

A/N

Well, today is National Women's Day! Just wanted to say to every woman or girl out there that you are amazing! Stay strong and beautiful, Youngbloods!

Some say it's what you make
I say it's up to fate
It's woven in my soul
I need to let you go
Your eyes they shine so bright
I wanna save that light
I can't escape this now
Unless you show me how

Raven's POV

After I got dressed, I walked out of the hospital room and went to Patrick and the others.

"Hey, Raven! I got us all plane tickets and we're going back home for the week. We're leaving in an hour." Patrick said. I could see the stress in his face, but I knew he didn't think I did. Over the years, I had gotten good at seeing things in people's faces that they tried to keep hidden. But I had also mastered how to hide things in my face without people seeing it.

"Awesome. I've never been on a plane before." I said, standing next to Joe.

Joe slung his arm around me as we started to walk towards the exit of the hospital. "Well, young one, you are in for a treat..."

I allowed my mind to wander as we walked to the car. I mean, I was still listening to Joe about planes, but my mind was slightly more focused on other things. I felt like I was such a burden to Patrick. Like Joe said, I hadn't even been here for a day and I land myself in the hospital with stage 3 leukemia. How did that even happen?

Soon enough, I found myself walking through the airport with Patrick and Joe at my right, Pete and Andy on my left, and we were being swarmed by fans.

"Don't look at the cameras, Raven. Look ahead and pull up your hood." Pete whispered in my ear.

I did as he said, pulling my hood up of my Fall Out Boy tank top with a hood. I heard clicking of cameras everywhere and people yelling questions at them.

When we finally got to the gate, we quickly handed them our tickets and went to the plane

When we finally got to the gate, we quickly handed them our tickets and went to the plane. We hardly had anything to bring on the plane except our phones, so we didn't have to worry about luggage and just sat down in our seats in first class.

"I call window seat!" I yelled before running towards a seat by the window. Patrick pouted before sitting in the seat next to me.

"I was gonna sit there." He whined.

I stuck my tongue out at him. "Too bad."

Behind me, I felt somebody ruffle my hair. I looked up and saw Andy standing above me. "Hi, Raven." He said quietly.

"Hi, Andy," I said with a smile. "Is there anything I can do for you?"

He shrugged and gave a smug smile. "Not really. I just wanted to say hi."

I laughed as he sat back down in his seat behind me.

"Heeeelllooo, this is your captain speaking. We are heading off shortly...." The captain started off on his normal captain speech, but I was looking out the window. I was excited to finally get back to the house and sleep. I saw my reflection in the window and saw my long black hair. It was natural, but I had never actually never dyed it, although I wanted to desperately. Maybe before I lose it I can dye it.

I felt the plane lurch forward and start going up into the sky, giving me a momentary sensation of weightlessness. I looked out the window and saw the ground slowly disappearing beneath me, taking me away from what would soon be a second home to me.

"It's pretty cool, huh?" Patrick asked, looking out the window too.

"Yeah. I guess it just reminds me how small I actually am." I said quietly, still marveling at the sight.

"Well, I guess we're only as small as we think we are." Patrick said thoughtfully.

I turned to look at him. "What do you mean?" I asked him curiously.

He shifted in his seat, finding a more comfortable position. "Well, if you think you're small, or that you aren't going to make a difference, then chances are, you won't. It's all about the mindset." He said thoughtfully.

I thought about it for a second. "Yeah. I guess you're right." I said before turning back to the window.

A/N

150 reads! WOW! I honestly can't believe it! Thanks to all the readers out there and a special thanks to That_eMo_chick27 for being the first person to comment! Your comments sorta reminded me that there are actual human beings out there reading this! Anyways, tell me what you guys think! Plant a comment and vote down below!

Love from the other side of the screen,

Pebbs XX