Chapter 31 We Love A Lot

my heart is like the ocean searching, searching for the shore
i'm learning there must be something more than dreaming

Raven's POV

I was relaxing on the couch, FaceTiming Max and Kayle when Patrick called me. "Hey guys, my dad just called me. Gotta go! Bye!" I said. They both smiled and waved goodbye as I hung up the phone, tugging my earbuds out of my ear. I got up and walked towards his studio, which is where he sat with his guitar on his lap. He smiled as I entered the doorway, patting an empty barstool next to him.

"Hey, kiddo." He said. I smiled and sat on the stool, looking at the floor.

"You called sir?" I said with the smile still plastered on my face.

He pointed at me as though I had just reminded him of what he was forgetting to say. "Right. Sooo, we are releasing M A  N I A soon, right?"

I put my hands up. "Not my album, but that's what I heard."

He smiled. "We're going on tour soon after the album is released."

I felt my heart rate going up, hoping that this was going in the direction that I was wanting. "And?"

"I want you to come with us."

I smiled and got up from the stool, jumping up and down as I let out a tiny, excited scream. "Ahhhh!" Patrick laughed as he watched me, setting his guitar on a stand next to him, getting up from where he sat. I ran up and hugged him tight, smiling into his chest. "You're the best dad ever."

I could see him smile as he hugged me tighter. "I know."

I let out a laugh as I let go. "So when does the tour start?"

"Uhm, the first concert is on September 16th." He said, scratching his head. I nodded my head, sitting down on a couch across from him. "So we'll have to take you out of school."

I jumped up with a "YES!", which got me a glare from Patrick. "I mean, aw man. That sucks." I said, sitting back down.

Patrick rubbed his face, laughing. I looked around the room at all the guitars. He didn't just have guitars in here, but also a couple pianos and a purple bass guitar. I reached over and picked it up, feeling Patrick's eyes on me.  I quickly tuned the guitar, then started picking out the intro to "Trapdoor" by Twenty One Pilots, singing the lyrics quietly.

He wakes up early today
Throws on a mask that will alter his face
Nobody knows his real name
But now he just uses one he saw on a grave

I looked up and saw Patrick watching me quietly. I gave a small smile, putting the guitar down. "Sorry."

Patrick sat up straighter, waving his hands at me. "No! Don't apologize! I'm just thinking about how maybe you could do a little segment for us in a show!"

My eyes widened and I held onto the edge of the stool I was sitting on. "W-what?"

"I mean, if you don't want to, you don't have to." He said, leaning back and crossing his arms.

I looked at the ground, thinking it over quietly in my head. What if I said no? Would he be mad? "No, that's okay. I can do it."

Patrick smiled wide, tackling me in a huge hug. "I'm so proud of you." He whispered in my ear.

I laughed as he let me go. "Hey, I have a question."

"Yeah?"

"Can I bring friends on tour?"

He rose his eyebrows at me, a small smile on his face. "Of course you can. How many?"

"Two. I promise, they're good kids." I said, almost pleading with him. I felt as though I had something to prove to him for some reason, as though my word wasn't enough for him to trust me.

He let out a laugh. "Alright, alright. But I need to meet them first, and make sure it's alright with their parents first."

I hugged him again, smiling wildly. "Thank you, thank you, thank you!" I said, running outside the room, running into a body. I looked up and saw a familiar face.

"Hailey?"

The brown haired girl smiled and waved at me. "Hey!" She said, her accent leaking through.

"What are you doing here?" I heard Patrick ask from behind me.

"Well," She said, folding her hands in front of her. "I'm moving to Chicago and figured I'd stop by."

Patrick hugged her. "Always glad to see you."

"You too, Trick." She said, hugging him back. She then looked at me and smiled. "So how are you doing?"

I shrugged. "Alright, I guess."

She rubbed my bald head. "Looks good."

I laughed. "Thanks. Well, I'm gonna go call those friends I was telling you about and tell them about it."

Patrick nodded and continued talking with Hailey as I walked away. I walked through the door of my room, jumping on the bed, and pulled out my phone. I pressed the FaceTime button, calling both Max and Kayle. I waited for maybe three seconds before Max's face popped up. I waved at them, smiling.

"Hey!" I said. "Where's Kayle?"

"Uh, hold on." They turned the camera around for a second, turning it back around a second later. "I have no idea."

Just then, Kayle answered the call. "Hey, guys! I'm a little busy, so is this important?"

"Yeah, is this important?" Max asked.

"Yes!" I cried. "So, I asked my Dad about tour." Both of their faces changed, their mouths forming mini 'o's. "And he said that you guys can come!" I squealed.

From the other end of the phone I heard two excited screams, causing me to pull the pull the phone away from my face. I was the happiest I could be in that moment. That was until it all started to fall apart.

A/N

Hello my lovelies! What's gonna happen? ooooo. Let me know what you think is gonna happen with a comment down below and lemme know what you think of the story down below with a comment and vote!!

Love from the other side of the screen,

Pebbs XX