Chapter 5 I need your broken promises

I'm good to go and I'm going nowhere fast

Joe leaned into Pete. "Why is she smiling like that?"

"Because she just saw me, duh. She's marveling at my beauty." Pete said back.

Andy and Patrick rolled their eyes and I just laughed. "And now I'm laughing at your stupidity." I said, still laughing.

Pete made an insulted face. "Ouch. She's just like you, Trick."

Patrick ruffled my hair. "Yup. Do you wanna see your room?"

I nodded my head eagerly. He led me upstairs and to a room at the end of a hall to the left. "Well, this is your room. It isn't much yet, but I'm sure we can fix that." He opened the door, revealing a room with ash grey walls, a queen sized bed with black covers in the left corner, and a desk against the far right wall next to the door to my own bathroom. I could feel tears brimming my eyes. I looked at Patrick, who looked mildly concerned. "Are you okay? If you don't like it, we can-"

I interrupted him with a hug. "Shut up, it's perfect."

"Glad you like it. I'm gonna let you get settled in, I'm gonna be downstairs with the guys if you need me." He said after I released him. He looked back at me when he reached the door, gave me a small smile, and then closed the door.

I gave a small sigh now that I was alone. I grabbed my small bag and started to unload my stuff. I was going to grab my phone but then realized that my phone was broken and rendered useless from this morning. I sighed, but I didn't let that stop me from listening to my songs. I noticed a small stereo in the corner of the room, so I walked up to it and popped in the American Beauty/ American Psycho CD and let it play. Of course, the first song to play was Irresistible. I wasn't quite in the mood for that song so I clicked the skip button. The next song to play was The Kids Aren't Alright, which just so happened to be my favorite song. I turned the stereo up, letting it play through the room.

Stuck in the jet wash

Hard trip I couldn't get off

And maybe I bit off more than I can chew

And overhead of the aqua blue

Fall to your knees bring on the rapture

Blessed be the boys time can't capture

On film or between the sheets,

I always fall from your window

To the pitch black streets.

I could feel myself bobbing up and down to the beat of the song, losing myself in the words and rhythm.

And with the black banners raised as the crooked smiles fade

Former heroes who quit too late

Just wanna fill up the trophy case again.

This time I sat down on my bed, crossing my legs and singing along to the words as they filled the room.

And in the end, I'd do it all again

I think you're my best friend.

But don't you know that the kids aren't all, kids aren't alright

I'll be yours,

And when it rains it pours,

Stay thirsty like before

Cause don't you know that the kids aren't all, kids aren't alright.

I jumped as I looked up, realizing that Pete was standing there. "I didn't know you could sing."

"That's cause I can't." I said as I walked over to the stereo and turned it off.

"Bull crap, I just heard you singing. You're good." Pete said, crossing his arms at me.

"You're just saying that cause you heard me sing and don't know how to say I suck. It's alright." I said stubbornly.

Pete walked over to me and gently grabbed my arms, but he grabbed them hard enough that I let out an involuntary yelp as my jacket fabric rubbed against my cuts. Pete's eyes flicked from my face to my arms, and then back to my eyes in a quick succession. "Raven, let me see your arms."

"No." I said, trying to get my arms out from his grasp.

"Raven, I'm serious." He said, his voice stern. After a few moments of struggling,  I allowed him to roll up my sleeves. The cuts that were fresh from this morning had a few drops of blood oozing from them where they were rubbed against. Pete's eyes saddened as he stared at them. "Why?" He whispered.

"Cause I'm worthless. Nobody ever loves the emo fag. It's not like anybody cares enough to stop me." I said back, tears falling.

Pete wrapped his arms around me, engulfing me in a hug. I cried into his chest. "Well, I care enough. I'm gonna help you. You gotta stop this, Raven."

I nodded. "Why do you care though? You just met me."

"Because I just do. You're human. In the words of Gerard Way, no kid should feel like they deserve the cuts on their wrists." Pete said, hugging me tighter.

"Well, thank you," I said, breaking the hug. "Just please don't tell Patrick. I wanna tell him, but when I'm ready."

Pete nodded. "Alright. Just as long as you tell him."

"I promise."

"Pinkie promise?" Pete asked, holding out his pinkie like a small child.

I wrapped my pinkie finger around his with a smile. "Pinkie promise."

A/N

Hey guys! So, here's my fifth chapter here! Working really hard on this, and to the 4-5 readers out there, I wish I could thank you all individually! But alas, I cannot cause Wattpad doesn't show who the hell is reading my stuff XD. But, as always, the first person to comment gets a tag in the next chapter, regardless if it's been published already!

Love from the other side of the screen,

Pebbs xx