Chapter 33 But We Are Alive

Sometimes we will die and sometimes we will fly away
Either way you're by my side until my dying days
And if I'm not there and I'm far away
I said, don't be afraid
We're going home

Raven's POV

1 month later

"You know, I really think that it would be a good idea to pack all of my CD's." I said, leaning back, my arm bumping my oxygen tank that was on my bed. I was packing so I could go on tour with the boys, and I'm not gonna lie, I'm excited.

"All of them?" Joe asked.

"Yes! They're my babies!" I said, holding the cases tight to my chest protectively.

Joe rolled his eyes sarcastically. "Then throw them in, I guess. WHy take them though when you have your phone?"

I put them in my suitcase before answering. "It's just not the same."

I heard the doorbell ring, which signaled that Max and Kayle were here now. I looked at Joe, who stood there smiling at me, and I let out a squeal. Quickly, I started running down the stairs. I forgot momentarily that I had cancer and I ended up yanking my oxygen tank out of my nose, along with knocking the tank off my bed. I groaned, picking up the small tube and put it back over my head and into my nose. Picking up the tank, I walked down the stairs and greeted them.

"Hey, Max!" I said, hugging them tightly, which they returned. "Hey, Kayle!" I said, hugging her. They both looked at me for a moment, and for that moment, we were all silent. We then all broke out into a fit of squealing. "We're going on tour!"

This was the moment that we had all looked forward to for what felt like months. And now it was finally happening. "Are you girl's all ready to go?" I heard Andy ask us, putting a hand on my shoulder, smiling at us.

"Ready to go, sir!" I said, turning and giving a goofy salute, causing Andy to laugh and give me a noogie on the head, which was especially painful because of my lack of hair on my head. "Ow, ow!" I said.

Andy immediately stopped, his playful look replaced with a worried one. "I'm sorry, are you okay?"

I waved his concern away. "I'm fine. It just hurt cause, ya know." I signaled to my bald head. Andy's mouth formed an 'o' before his eyes lit up.

"Speaking of which, my girlfriend made something for you." Andy said, rummaging through some stuff that was laying around.

"Meredith?" I asked excitedly. I had only ever met her once, but I ADORED her so much.

Andy looked up at me with a smile. "Do I have another girlfriend?" He finally pulled out a bag and called Pete into the room.

"Why'd you call Pete?" I asked him curiously.

"Yeah, I mean, I thought it was for Raven." Max sassed at Andy. Andy gave an uncomfortable look before looking at the floor.

"I just need his help."

Pete finally came into the room, rubbing his eyes groggily. "Whaddya want?" He asked. Andy motioned to the bag and Pete's eyes widened. "Oh! Right!" Pete ran over and grabbed the bag from Andy's hand and walked over to me, sitting me down on the nearest couch. "Close your eyes." He said to me.

"Again?" I whined, giving him puppy eyes.

"Yes! Now close them."

I sighed, doing what he said and closing my eyes. I heard the bag open and something was pulled out. Something soft met my head, the thing falling past my shoulders. I felt Pete adjusting it, then stop. "You can open them now." He said. I obeyed, opening my eyes. I put my hand up to my head, feeling what was on it, my eyes widening. I ran to the nearest bathroom, looking in the mirror. My head was covered in a wig that was filled with all the colors of the rainbow that was styled in loose waves that fell past my shoulders. I put my hand over my mouth, holding back tears that were threatening to fall down.

Andy walked up from behind me, giving me a hug. I turned around and hugged him back, muttering my thanks into his bulky chest. Max and Kayle were in the doorway of the bathroom, looking at each other as this was going on, while Joe and Patrick were nowhere to be found.

"Where's Dad and Joe?" I asked Andy. He had opened his mouth to speak when we heard a horn honk outside. I looked at Andy, who smiled and motioned for me to go look. Max, Kayle and I all ran to where the sound came from, running out the front door to be met by a large black bus. Our tour bus.

A/N

Hello, my lovelies! Here is my 33rd chapter of this here book! I am super excited to share this with you! As always, let me know what you think down below with a comment and vote!

Love from the other side of the screen,

Pebbs XX