Chapter 21 But You're No Princess

Oops I did it again, I
Forgot what I was losing my mind about
I only wrote this down to make you press rewind
And send a message, "I was young and a menace"

Isabella's POV (Whoa, look at me go XD)

*earlier that day*

I found Raven incredibly interesting, and it honestly wasn't just the fact that she was Patrick Stump's daughter. I guess it was because she was one of the first people that actually treated me like a normal human being and not a piece of garbage.

Raven had just asked her Dad if I could come over when I heard my phone ring. Great.  I thought. I pressed the answer button and walked away from Raven and Patrick so that way I could talk to my Mom.

"Hi, Mom!" I answered cheerily, hoping she would be the same.

"Where the hell are you?" was the answer I got from the other side.

"I just finished school, Mom." I answered calmly.

"I really don't give a shit. I expect you home in five minutes or else you're in trouble." Mom replied, anger in her voice. I knew automatically that her and Dad were fighting again.

"But it takes fifteen to get there."

"I don't freaking care, Isabella! Get home, now!" My Mom screeched from the other side of the phone.

I sighed. "Alright, I'm on my way." Mom ended the phone call and I sighed again. I started to walk back to Raven and Patrick, putting on a fake smile so that way they didn't see the fear that I was feeling. I held up my phone. "The parents need me back home. But can I get your number, Raven?"

We quickly exchanged numbers and I said goodbye, rushing off down the road so I can get home in a decent time to avoid getting in trouble. As I thought, it took nearly fifteen minutes to walk to my house, and when I got maybe five houses down, I could already hear the yelling. I internally cringed as I kept walking, carefully opening the door and walking in.

"I'm tired of you!" My mom screamed at my dad.

"Well, I'm tired of living with a bossy woman who thinks that she can dictate every part of my life!" My dad screamed back. When the door closed, both mom and dad looked my way, fire in their eyes.

"Sorry I'm late." I mumbled, head down and walking towards the stairs.

"Worthless." My mom said.

I turned around to look at her. "What?" I whispered.

Dad rolled his eyes. "She said you're worthless. And that's probably the only thing that I agree with her on."

"But why?"

"Because I tell you to be home in five minutes and you're home in fifteen. What the hell is the point in that?" Mom said with venom.

I sighed and continued to walk away, hoping that I could get out of this fast enough. As I started walking up the stairs, I heard my mom and dad.

"Get back here!"

"Life would've been much better if you hadn't been born!" My mom screamed behind me. I felt tears streaming down my face as I picked up my pace, running to my room and slamming the door shut, locking it behind me. Once the door was closed, I slid down the door and put my head in my hands. I pulled out my phone from my pocket, my hands trembling. I quickly dialed Raven's number and held it against my ear.

"Izzy, baby! Where are you?" I heard my dad yell through the house.

The phone picked up. "Hello?" I heard her cheerful voice come through the other side.

I sniffled. "Hey, Raven." I said, trying to sound fine, but failing miserably.

"Izzy, are you crying? Are you okay?"

I shook my head viciously, even though she couldn't see me. "I don't know. When I got home, they were just screaming at each other. I came inside and then they thought that I was judging them or something and then they started-they started screaming that I'm worthless and that they wish I wasn't born."I said, rubbing my hand over my face.

"Where are you? My dad and I are gonna come get you."Raven asked me.

I heard footsteps walking around upstairs and I held my breath an hoped that whoever it was wouldn't try and bother me. "Raven, I don't know how I can get out of the house right now."

"Um, is there a window?"

I quickly looked around my room before spotting my window in the front of my room. "Yeah."

"When you hear a horn honk, climb out the window and we'll be there"

"Okay." I said, immediately getting up. I walked over to my closet and grabbed my backpack, shoving a couple pairs of clothes, along with my phone charger and a couple other things. I then heard banging on the door.

"I know you're in there, Isabella!" I heard my mom yell from the other side of the door.

"So what?" I said back.

The banging got louder as I sat underneath my window, waiting for those five honks that will take me out of this house. Worthless. Loser. Pointless. Fat. Ugly. I'd heard it all before. But never had I been told that they wish that I was never born. It honestly stung. No, scratch that. It hurt like a bitch.

As the tears fell and I tried to block out the yells from the other side of the door, I faintly heard a car honk five times. I stood up and looked out the window and saw Patrick and Raven in their car, looking for me. I smiled faintly as I opened my window and climbed out, happy to be escaping this house.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I walked into Raven's bathroom to shower and stopped at the mirror. Turning to face it, I saw myself. And it definitely wasn't who I wanted to see. I saw a weak child that couldn't handle a little bit of yelling. A girl who ran to someone she just met that day for help. I sighed and turned away, not able to handle looking at myself anymore. I turned on the shower and let the water run down my body.

The awesome thing about showers I guess is that nobody could tell if you were crying. It's the same thing with rain. Your whole face is covered in water, and you can't tell the difference between the water and your tears. So, I let the tears flow freely, putting my head against the wall of the shower. And as I cried, there was just one thing that I couldn't stop thinking-actually, more like wishing.

I just wish that I could have an unbroken family.

A/N

Hello, my lovely Youngbloods! WOW!!!!!!! OVER 700 READS?!?! That's really amazing, thank you! And again, thank you for the lovely comments and votes, they really mean a lot to me :) So as I said, I actually did a different point of view! (Sorry izzypanic for this whole chapter XD) but I guess I sorta figured that this was sorta necessary. AAAANNNNYYYYWWWAAAAYYYYSSSS, let me know what you guys think down below with a comment and vote! (btw, I don't think that pressing the button is gonna hurt. Try it XD)

Love from the other side of the screen,

Pebbs XX