Chapter 25 Here In Death Valley

This isn't easy
This isn't clear
And you don't need Jesus
'Til you're here
Then confusion and the doubts you had
Up and walk away
They walk away
When a heart breaks

Raven's POV

It had been two weeks since my first therapy treatment. Ever since, I had been taking the pills every Friday, leaving me to wonder if they had even been working at all. I guess the only thing that helps give me assurance that the pills are doing anything is the large clumps of hair that keep falling from my head. Last Tuesday, I had taken a shower and as I was running my fingers through my hair, expecting my hands to come back empty, instead I was greeted with a handful of my hair.

This morning I woke up to the curtains being pulled open, revealing the bright sun coming from outside. I groaned and curled up tighter in my bed. I felt someone sit on the end of my bed, causing the mattress to depress.

"Come on, time to get up." I heard Andy say. I should've figured it was him, mostly because he wasn't all excited about waking me up.

"Mmm." I groaned. I threw my covers back, letting the cold air hit my body. I quickly pulled my covers back up, trying to warm myself up. Andy gave a little laugh before he went to my closet, pulling out one of my sweatshirts. He walked over and gave it to me. "Thank you." I said with a small chuckle.

"Your welcome." He said with a proud smile. Before he left, he gave my hair a small ruffle, which probably wasn't the best idea because a small chunk of hair fall out. I sighed, looking at the red hair on my bed.

"PETE." I yelled rather loudly. Almost a minute later, Pete came running in the room.

"WHAT'S WRONG? WHAT HAPPENED?" He said quickly, out of breath from running.

I laughed at him. "Woah, horsie. Nothings wrong. I just wanted to ask you something."

He rolled his eyes at me. "Wow. What do you want?"

"I wanted to shave my head."

Pete's eyes widened as he leaned forward a little bit. "You want to shave your head?"

"Yup."

"Why? You have beautiful hair!" He said, looking at me like I was crazy.

"I have beautiful hair that's falling out."

He fell silent as he looked down at his feet, putting his hands on the door frame. "If that's what you want to do, then I'll help you."

"Really?"

"Yeah."

"Sweet," I said, getting up. "I want to do it."

A couple minutes later, I found myself sitting in a chair in the bathroom, a razor in Pete's hands. "You ready?" He asked me.

I took a deep breath before answering. "Yup."

Pete nodded, bringing the razor to my head. I watched as my hair fell to the ground in clumps, leaving my head cold. He brought the razor over my head several times and in a couple minutes, I was left with a bald head. I looked at myself in the mirror at the girl that looked back at me. It really didn't look that bad. I ran my hand over my head, feeling my scalp.

"Woah." I said.

"Raven, it's time for school!" I heard Patrick say. My eyes widened as I realized that I didn't tell him that I was shaving my head. Pete looked at me, equally as panicked.

"Your dad is gonna kill me." He said, half laughing.

I nodded as I quickly pulled up the hood of my sweatshirt up, trying my best to hide my head. Immediately, my head was embraced in warmth as I pulled the hood up. I giggled, the hoods wool tickling me.

"Raven, where are you? We need to leave!" I heard Patrick say. I looked at Pete, who pushed me out of the bathroom, whispering 'Good Luck' in my ear. I stumbled, my hood falling off as I entered the hallway. Patrick stuck his head around the corner, a smile on his face.

"Is that you, Raven?" He said. When he saw me, his eyes widened and he walked over to me, rubbing his hand over my now bald head. "What did you do?" He asked.

I shrugged and looked at the ground. "I shaved it."

"But why?"

"Because." I said with a sigh. "The dumb meds were making me lose my hair anyways. So I figured I would shave it now and just deal with it."

Patrick gave me a smile, hugging me and kissing the top of my head. "I'm proud of you."

I looked at him. "Really?"

"Yeah. You're so strong." He said.

"So you're not mad about me shaving my head?" I asked him.

He shrugged. "Not really. But I'm still killing Pete for not telling me about this." He said, narrowing his eyes.

"Hey, how do you know Pete knew about this?" I asked him, trying to cover for Pete.

Patrick let out an airy laugh, rolling his eyes. "I know him too well. Now go get ready for school."

I laughed along with him, walking to my room. I quickly threw on a jacket, my ATL shirt and looked at myself in the mirror. Quickly, I put on some makeup to make my face look a little less pale than I actually was. When I was satisfied with my appearance, I finally looked at my phone.

Me:
Hey, Izzy! I have a surprise for you when I get to school!

Izzy:
Oooo. A surprise?

Me:
Yup

Izzy:
You don't plan on killing me, do you?

Me:
How'd you know?

Izzy:
XD
I gtg! See you at school, love!

I laughed at my phone, excited about school for the first time in a while.

A/N

Hello, my lovelies! It's been a while since I've updated this, I know. But I'm giving you this new chapter that I wrote out of love for you. Anyways! Don't be afraid to let me know what you think with a comment and vote down below!

Love from the other side of the screen,

Pebbs xx