Chapter 12 And losing you

A/N

I still need characters, guys! please message me so i can get you into the story!!!

I walk a lonely road

The only one that I have ever known
Don't know where it goes
But it's only me, and I walk alone

Raven's POV

Maybe two hours later, we were on the ground again, much to my dismay. I actually enjoyed the flight, but I'm sure that I wouldn't say that if I were actually in second class seats. The first class ones were huge and were literally recliners, but when I sat down in it, I realized that I had no idea what a recliner was.

"What do you mean, you don't know what a recliner is?" Pete asked from the row next to Patrick and me.

I shrugged. "Back at the orphanage, I never really got to use one. There was no need for it."

Patrick looked at me with surprise in his eyes, but had a smile on his face, nonetheless. "Well, just pull the lever from the side of the chair." I did as he said, the chair throwing me back as the feet came up. It felt amazing, being able to lay down in a chair like that without actually laying down. It was like having the best of both worlds; having a chair and a bed wrapped in one.

When we finally got to the car, we all piled in Andy's car, which ended up being a rather tight fit. Since it was Andy's car, he was driving, Joe sat up front in the passenger's seat, and I was stuck between Patrick and Pete. It was uncomfortable for all parties involved, except for Joe and Andy, both of which were laughing hysterically at our squished bodies.

"Shut up and drive, Andy, before I reach up there and knock that smile off your face." Pete said playfully.

Andy nodded, but still laughed while looking at us through the rear view mirror. Joe turned around and held his phone up. "Say cheese everybody!" I hugged onto Patrick and smiled, and he did the same. I felt Pete hug me and put his head on my back, but I couldn't turn around to see. Joe finally put his phone down. "Oh, this is so going on Twitter."

I released Patrick from his hug, but Pete was still on my back. "Pete, get off. I have to sit up." I said, trying to sit up straight, but his weight was keeping me from that.

"Mmph. But your back is so comfy and warm." He said into my back, which tickled the skin. I held back a small giggle as I finally gave him one large push and got him off of me. "Hey, I was comfortable there!" He whined at me.

"Too bad." I said as I sat back in the chair.

I had realized that when I woke up in the hospital today, I had been with Patrick for two days because I had passed out overnight. And it was already getting dark now, so that means that two days with my new family had passed, and I needed to make the most of the next week. I didn't want to think about how much time I actually had with them before A) they send me back to the orphanage because they don't want to deal with a 16-year-old girl with leukemia or B) I die. And honestly, both ideas scared me.

I was brought out of my thoughts by Patrick. "Raven, we're here."

I let a smile crawl across my face as he got out, allowing me to get out. I crawled out of the car, stretching out my body. That was when I finally caught a glimpse of the house. It was huge, at least four stories tall, made out of brick and white painted wood. It gave off a very colonial style vibe while screaming homey.

"It's so huge." I said to Patrick, who just smiled and yawned.

"Yeah, I totally forgot that you didn't get to see it yesterday." He then turned to face the guys. "You guys can stay if you want. I mean, it is almost midnight."

Joe was the first one to respond. "Yeah. If you guys need me, I'll be in my room."

"Me too."

"Yeah."

I turned to Patrick. "Do they live here?"

He shook his head and started walking towards the house, and I followed. "Not really. They just stay at random intervals, like if we're writing and we stay up later than planned, they get in a fight with their wives, stuff like that. They sort of just claimed rooms, and I didn't object."

"Oh." I said as we finally get into the house. I started to walk off up the stairs to my room when Patrick called me.

"Raven?"

I turned around on the stairs. "Yeah?"

"I just wanted to say goodnight, and I love you." He said, almost nervously.

I smiled and ran back down the stairs, giving him the biggest hug I could give. "I love you too." I thought for a second before I added, "Dad." I felt him smile and hug me tighter.

A/N

Woahmygoshohmygosh! Almost 200 reads! How did this happen? I wrote this book just for funsies, and now it's getting so many reads. This book is like the baby of my mind and I'm just watching it grow up *cue the dramatic mom tears*. Anyways, I would like to thank RedHood72 for being my first follower that isn't someone I don't know. And please guys, like I already said, I need humans to respond to my plea and message me about being in the story. I need new characters!

Love from the other side of the screen,

Pebbs xx